About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How to read Flying Star Chart

myfs_116710

Dear FS Master,

I would like to know in reading Flying Star Chart what method would be most accurate or rather easy to understanding as in 9 grid chart or the pie chart. Some master say divide the floor plan into 9 square while some prefer the pie chart,

Appreciate some understanding on the above.

Thank you

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Aloysius,

1. In practise, taking a que from Management Principles: for those who had study or read management principles; just note the key word:

2. "Situational Approach"

So what is this "situational approach?" : It simply means "Most of the time, no two situations are the same".

3. Look at it from another point of view (via Logic):

"There is no RIGHT or WRONG answers"!

4. Flying Star Feng Shui comes in two forms:-

"Horizontal Flying Star" and "Vertical Flying Star"!

4a. What is horizontal Flying star Feng Shui (or chart)?

This is the common Flying Star chart where we either draw a pie or a grid method.

4b. What is vertical Flying star chart?

This is more recent. And for those using this website's free Apartment or unit number input to check how auspicious your apartment is, then you have already used or tried out it out.

Thus, what it implies is that even in a block of flat or apartment, qi is considered different at different floors or storeys. Thus, say an address: Block 56, unit #05-66 is said to have different qi from another unit in this same block. Thus unit #6-66 may have different qi although they are at the same block.

5. In the past, it is more common for a Feng Shui practitioner to evaluate bigger plot of land and if so, in general, a pie chart is the best choice in most circumstances, here.

5.1 Just think about it. Why call it "horizontal Flying star?"; thus the clue here is the larger the piece of land, the most convenient method to analyse MACRO Feng Shui is to use a pie chart.

5.2 Situational Approach

If your unit is generally squarish in shape then, logically, a grid is easier ot use or analyse.

And some Feng Shui books, prefer to drawgrids, as it is one of the easiest way to produce anddisemminate information!

6. In general, many of the Traditional Feng Shui practitioners use the pie chart. Again, logically, for drafting andproducing reports for our clients, a pie chartfits nearly all types of units orlanded homes or apartments.

Here, one good thing about the pie is that we can immediatelyafter determining the centrepoint of the home or "center of gravity" and thenplace the entire layout.

7. Thus, as you can see in a REAL world environment where, for me, I have to work on lots of layout plans every day, it makes sense for me to use the pie.

8. Don'tget me wrong, here, Inever say grid is no good!Again, I emphasise that the few Traditional FS practitioners who do make an effort to give clients report after report, usually use the pie. For the above reason.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Quote:

Aloysius Chia wrote:
I would like to know in reading Flying Star Chart what method would be most accurate or rather easy to understanding as in 9 grid chart or the pie chart. Some master say divide the floor plan into 9 square while some prefer the pie chart,

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 2 years later...

Dear FS Master,

fficeffice" />

With regards to your reply below I came across a situation when using a pie chart and 9 grid square to read the flying star of a floor plan, it show 2 different reading of a particular sector. The pie chart shows a bedroom 3 fall entirely under W sector but 9 grid square show the bedroom 3 sandwich in between SW & W sector. Please see attachments for better understanding. In this kind of situation may I know which method should we approach, pie or the grid square, especially now 5 yellow is the SW it will have impact in that room.

Appreciate your advice to enlighten my understanding.

Thank you

• Staff

1. In my opinion, what you are asking is very "academic".

2. And frankly, there will be no end to arguments for or against one method or another.

3. In my opinion, as I have lots of clients; some have previously had earlier consultations with other practitioners and / 2nd opinions; I have chanced upon looking at some of the charts.

4. From what I know, amongst the practitioners in Singapore; quite alot use the Pie chart method. Myself included.

5. Why?

5.1. Pie chart is more suited to landed properties as often many of these properties are elongaged rectangular shape.

5.2. At a glance, the practitioner will know where is the true-cardinal points (exact template of the entire North-South East-WestNE-SW,NW-SEtrue compass directions). And this is oftenlooked at /analysed in relation to where the external qi comes into the home.

5.3.Another important merit of the Pie chart is that as Flying Star is based on horizontal analysis; a pie chart canbe extended as far as one wants to e.g. the building, the site to check on where isgood for water location,mountain etc... While a 9 square gridis more focused to the interior of the home.

5.4.9 Square grid is good for a"purely" rectangular interior WITH divisions or rooms that fit this 9 square grid. For example, the layout plan that you had should can be considered "rectangular" buttherooms or bedrooms arenot proportionate to the 9 gird. Thus result in your confusion as1 square grid falls within say two bedrooms.

6. Many professional Chinese (mandarinFeng Shui) bookauthors(in my opinion) use more of the pie chart. While quite alot of EnglishFeng Shui books use the 9grid system especially in theirillustration.

7. As I had previously mentioned, with these two methods; there are some who may swear by one method or another ; while the more practical persons would say "It depends". Again, there is nopurely who is right or wrong. But my personal preference is the Pie chart method where it is much easier to work with when drafting out client's proposed report - most of the time. Occassionally I may use the 9 square if the shape and interior rooms are proportionate toeach of the 9 grids.