About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How accurate is Pillar of destiny?

Hi Cecil and Robert,
Learning "feng shui" and the related stuff is always my interest. We all know that "Pillar of destiny" has an accuracy of up to 2 hours. This means that for those who have the same "Pillar of destiny" do not necessary have the same kind of luck as it also depending on where they are born. From your experiences, could you tell me how accurate is "Pillar of destiny?
Thanks! :>
Regards,
Chris Ng

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Chris,
Pillars of Destiny is a very large field and in general, considered the main `pipeline' of Chinese `readings'.
As Pillars is based on Yin and Yang (the highest) form after Tai ji and the Five Elements, it is hard to take away Pillars.
In the past, pillars or Ba Zhi can extend to more than 10 pillars as found in our reports: The current report analyse our Year, Month, Day and Hour, House of Conception etc...
In the past, Pillars used to have at least two more columns both to analyse Yin Feng Shui. But Yin Feng Shui is less practised today.
To clarify, if we are analysing an individual what is more important is to analyse his Day of birth in relation to other branches/stem. The more it is analysed with the other branches/stem ie. year/month/hour the more accurate it is.
From here you will understand that the Two hourly system is "fixed" and this is related to the Moon/Lunar System. It is nice to have the hourly timing and we cannot re-invent Feng Shui and change it to our liking e.g. reducing the hours further. If so, it does not match the hour such as the Rat hour etc...
One key important point about Pillars is its simplicity. For example, we only need to know a person's Year, Day and Month (option time) to get an accurate Heaven map of a person.
Therefore, it has been used without even the need to find the longitude and latitude of a location.
One reason is that if one makes the "input" too complicated, it would make it very diffcult to use due to ' garbage in garbage out.'
For example, I know of some who have added a GMT time to the calculation. Here:
1. The current GMT time has been adjusted for some countries in the last decade. Some countries have day light saving hours.
2. There is a flaw in calculation if one only considers the Longitude. If one follows this argument, should also use the latitude.
From the above, imagine, if one needs to supply the Longitude and Latitude of where one is born. What happens if one provides the wrong data? or does not really know both?
If one sees, traditional Feng Shui Masters, do Pillars, they are more concerned with the DAY, MONTH and YEAR field.
As Pillars of Destiny is a map of what the `Heaven' has bestowed on us, as mentioned, it is shaped by our influence on earth especially our upbringing and education etc...
We should understand that one of the many purpose of Pillars is to help us better understand our Heaven Luck.
Other very important uses (cross referenced to Feng Shui) is to find our element and its strength.
This is used in conjuction with the Flying Star, and Ba Zhi Feng Shui etc... to either enhance our Qi or to find proper cures to a situation or to see if the "cures" proposed under Flying Star does not `destroy' our element especially if one is `Weak' e.g. Weak Water.
I use the Luck Pillars to understand the element of influence of a season under a period. For example, if during this period, which is governed by a season with Strong Water, for a weak fire person, he has to be careful not to be `extinguished' by the season of the period.
There are many more cross-references between all the various theories of Feng Shui and Destiny and it is more important to be able to have a global picture, learn how to apply all the tools together. Like the saying " Knowlege is power".
I personally don't quite understand why even some Feng Shui Schools simply stick to one theory e.g. eat, sleep and drink Flying Star Feng Shui only.
A few of such schools are not convinced of the use of Eight House. Each set of principles and theories have a specific purpose and if we can properly unlock each theory and use it to the full potential plus be able to linked all up, the better.
The reason why I mentioned about Flying Star is because this year and last year alone, I have had to try to help many who were advised to apply only the Flying Star `cure' as it only looks at the horoscope of the house. What is the use of a perfect house if it is totally unsuitable to the individual living there.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/8/99 5:58:20 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil and Robert,
Learning "feng shui" and the
related stuff is always my
interest. We all know that
"Pillar of destiny" has an
accuracy of up to 2 hours.
This means that for those who
have the same "Pillar of
destiny" do not necessary have