About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Position for bed

myfs_132907

Hi,
I'll like to get advice on where to place my bed in my bedroom.
Looking at the attached picture, my bed is currently placed at position B.
Is that the best position to place, or should i actually move it to A or C?
Do i have to use some furniture to block the door from facing the bed if so?
Thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Thanks for the detailed drawing.

1. We are not considering compass directions in this situation. (As it is not given).

2. In my opinion, I would either go for option A or B. For the following reasons:-

2.1. If I am going for Option A, I prefer not to have the bed directly on the opposite side of the stove. But if the stove is not placed on the opposite wall of Option A, this placement can be considered.

2.2. OPTION A

I understand that some people may say that the bed will then be next to the toilet door. In fact, many condos have this situation where the best (in terms of privacy considerations) the bed is next to the toilet as in this arrangement.

2.3 Frankly, it is not "fatal" to have a bed next to the toilet. Although whenever we flush our toilet bowl, the water from the toilet bowl will be 'sprayed' all over the place. Even if you were to test your toothbrush, it will have some germs. But as majority of us are healthy most of the time, a little germ is no issue.

2.3 Under symbolism in Feng Shui, we do not need to place a partition between our bed and the toilet door. A small bedside table with a table lamp can be the symbolic replacement of such a partition if one; ones to use this. (Not compulsory).

3. OPTION B

3.1 In my opinion, the "minor" issue here is as you had mentioned, the privacy such as someone walking past your bedroom door (your bed - in full view). This is the only "minor" drawback. Futhermore, who is this someone if there is any .. They are usually your immediate family.. not too bad rite?

3.2 In terms of qi or air circulation, Option B is one of the best because, if we do not turn on aircon, fresh air will literally flow (in or out) between the bedroom door and window area. Thus if it is too windy, we can control the windows to allow fresh air all the time moving in and out passing our bed.

4. In my opinon, Option C is usually reserved more for the bedroom cupboard. As if we close our eyes and imagine, qi or circulation of air will often be limited, here or there is usually lesser air circulation, at this area especially the corner of the room.

5. Thus, personally, my preference is Option B, followed by Option C. I may only consider Option A if air or aircon is turned on to circulate the dead qi in that area.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Hi, I'll like to get advice on where to place my bed in my bedroom. Looking at the attached picture, my bed is currently placed at position B. Is that the best position to place, or should i actually move it to A or C? Do i have to use some furniture to block the door from facing the bed if so? Thank you.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Cecil,fficeffice" />

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I've updated the pic with compass directions.

From the report generated for my sleeping direction, they are as follow:

BEST sleeping position

Direction: East
Description: This is your Longevity direction.
Direction: South
Description: This is your Health direction.

GOOD sleeping position

Direction: North
Description: This is your Prosperity direction.

Direction: South-East
Description: This is your Excellent direction.

BAD sleeping position

Direction: West
Description: This is your Irritation direction.

Direction: South-West
Description: This is your Spook direction.

WORST sleeping position

Direction: North-West
Description: This is your Disaster direction.

Direction: North-East
Description: This is your Death direction.

Based on your suggestions earlier,

2.1 Position A (my refrigerator & washing machine is behind this wall) would be my Death direction. So is that a definite no to place the bed?

3.2 Position B (which I?m currently sleeping in) is preferred, but based on the above, currently I?m sleeping in my Spook direction, so what does it imply? Also, I thought that the door will be ?cutting? at the bed in this way? Should I close the door or window to prevent the qi from flowing out too?

4 Position C is behind the altar, but it is my Excellent position from the reading found. As I?m planning to get married, will sleeping in this position be unfavorable as I?ve read that it?ll reduce the chance of having children (as you?re sleeping behind the deities)?

I?ve added a pic of the beams in my room as well. Are they really critical, or I can ignore them as they?re not really wide?

I?ve read that besides using the bamboo or support method, another way would be covering the beam corner with cloth. Is that true?

Or if I were to get a headboard that?s as thick as the beam, will be mean that I?ll not be affected as my mattress will be placed out of the beam?

Sorry if I?m asking too much hehe..

• Staff

Dear Anon,

1. This type of beam or supporting structure is very common. Look at it this way, this beam is very "shallow" and I believe, that if one notice carefully, when we place the bed-head, and when we place our bed-head pillow, we will never be under this beam.

2. To neutralise a beam, there are many ways to do so, in addition to what you had mentioned:

2.1 Some Feng Shui practitioners asked that a red line be drawn along the horizontal beam. This is symbolic of a line of fire to destroy or melt the beam.

2.2 quarter flower conice to hold up the beam.

When you move the bed-head slightly away from the wall, this is pretty good.

The above are the most common methods used.

3. In general position B is one of the best. To avoid the door slicing towards the body, usually it is opened fully against the wall if one leaves the bedroom door open. This is fine.

4. Yes, position 4 besides "dead qi" area, it is not good to sleep sharing the same wall as the altar.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil