About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

main door face lamp post

myfs_133441

we bought a Corner Terrace but main door( and main gate)partially face a lamp post with a sign broad attached to the lamp post.

what is possible way to resolve this porblem? shift the door? or shift the lamp post( cannot shift too much)? what else can i do?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Alex,

Yes, from the picture, (and if this lamp post No. 9) is facing your main door (especially the main door) then this is a real threat - in addition to the signage i.e. both the lamp post and signage on it is a threat to your home.

The possibilities are:

1. As you had mentioned, (not sure if it is possible) that the lamp post is moved away from the main door. If not, then:-

1.1 If there are other plants like those on the left of the picture i.e. the plant with white flowers - do cover especially the areas mentioned above.

1.2 Even if you slant the main door, it may still pose a threat: if you stand inside the main entrance looking out of it.

1.3 Other possibilities include: gates that do not have "holes" but with privacy panels (which still allows air to pass but once gate closed, cannot see the lamp post / signage -pointed side).

1.4 A wind chime strategically placed at the main entrance area or

1.5 A convex mirror above main door.

1.6 Lastly, (may not be possible, practical or may be costly is the main gate moved to the opposite side ... again...... have to see whether there is any threat here OR totally impractical )

To be honest these are the most common methods especially Para 1.1 to 1.5.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Sorry, can you clarify your message.

For example, do you mean that your main door has say two panels. Some homes have 1 big door panel with a smaller side panel = 1 door and side panel. This panel is normally not opened all the time.

If you have two equal doors, usually one door is not opened.

If you have 1 big door panel with a smaller side panel, so long as the lamp post hits this smaller panel, (i.e. this smaller panel faces the lamp post directly) and your main door is "saved" from attack from the lamp post, then, this is fine or OK.

As mentioned earlier, I had already listed most of the other common "cures" for the main door.