About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Bathroom door directly facing Bathroom Window

myfs_133448

Hi,

I understand it is inauspicious for an entrance door to directly face a window because chi has no time to circulate.

However, is this also true for the bathroom? i.e. is it favourable for us to see the bathroom window when we open the bathroom door?

If it is unfavourable, what could be done?

Thanks!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

1. The entrance (or main entrance) is considered as very important. As in many instances ; many Feng Shui practitioners consider this as the "mouth" of the house. Thus since this is the "mouth" of the house, it should not leak qi as what you had mentioned .. i.e. a direct path of qi "leaking" out directly towards a window or door.

2. Another consideration is that especially for a landed property, it is very inauspicious to open the main door (or entrance door) and also immediately see the toilet bowl. Or a direct window or opening.

3. Many "acceptable" toilets have at least sharing a wall with the external wall. This is acceptable. Which means that in many cases, the toilet is not (usually) surrounded in the middle of the house.

4. Returning to your question; it also has to depend on how high the windows are: for example some windows are opaque and above head level - meant as more for ventilation. As mentioned, it also has to depend on factors like where is the toilet bowl, is the window in full view of the outside (clear glass) etc...

5. For example, in the recent TOP of Varsity Park at Clementi, several toilets above 2nd storey has clear glass and some are even visible from other units.

6. Your question has more to do with Commonsense approach to Feng Shui i.e. do you feel comfortable or uncomfortable or neutral to the toilet arrangement.

7. As long as the toilet shares an external wall, it is a plus point. And in general, opening the toilet door facing a window is acceptable in most cases.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Quote:

Hi,

I understand it is inauspicious for an entrance door to directly face a window because chi has no time to circulate.

However, is this also true for the bathroom? i.e. is it favourable for us to see the bathroom window when we open the bathroom door?

If it is unfavourable, what could be done?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net