About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

freehold apartment in Telok Kurau

myfs_133496

Hi Cecil,

I would like to seek your advices on the fengshui of a freehold apartment. Presently I am looking at a particular unit in one of the project at Telok Kurau. This unit is on the 4th level, however this unit is facing the main entrance. And the parking is on the ground floor (there is no basement car park). As a result, the driveway is underneath theliving room and one of the bedroom.

1. Is it bad fengshui for the living room and the bedroom ?

2. Is it bad fengshui for an apartment to be facing the main entrance of the project at all ?

Would appreciate your kind advices in this matter and I look forward to your reply.

Thank you & best regards

Michelle

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Michelle,

1. It is very common for the type of development you had mentioned not to have a costly basement. In fact, majority of such apartments both in Telok Kurau and many locations in Singapore.

2. The major concern with having a car park right below any apartment unit are:

2.1 Although a fire breaking out i.e. a car on fire is rare, but should a car or van burst into flames, the logic is that fire rises upwards.

2.2 Some Feng Shui practitioners don't like homes that are not "grounded" on the ground.. Such homes are considered as sitting on "stilts" or not on firm ground. Thus for example, homes above a shopping complex or above a carpark to these Feng Shui practitioners is a major concern.

3. Thus, Para 2.2 has made some would be owners concerned with such units.

4. Since the apartment is on the fourth floor and not second, then, you can expect "some privacy" as the unit is higher. The advantage for such a unit (at higher floor) is often, "guaranteed" clear space at the frontage (main entrance area). This is acceptable as qi is best "collected" at such a "bright hall" area.

5. As you may be aware some units that face neighbours sidewalls are subjected to varying views or sometimes "ugly" views or if that site has been purchased to built apartments, there goes your privacy and "frontage".

6. Telok Kurau, has one of the highest concentration of temples around. So, do check out where these temples are in relation to the home. And also check for any pointed roofs aimed towards the windows of the apartment.

Quote:

Michelle Y. wrote:

Hi Cecil,

I would like to seek your advices on the fengshui of a freehold apartment. Presently I am looking at a particular unit in one of the project at Telok Kurau. This unit is on the 4th level, however this unit is facing the main entrance. And the parking is on the ground floor (there is no basement car park). As a result, the driveway is underneath theliving room and one of the bedroom.

1. Is it bad fengshui for the living room and the bedroom ?

2. Is it bad fengshui for an apartment to be facing the main entrance of the project at all ?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net