About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Front door facing direction

myfs_133791

Hello Master Lee. A friend just told me what a landed property was; so to answer you question, no I don't live on a landed property. I live in a suite on the second floor of an apartment building (kind of like a condo). Since I can't see my front door of my suite from my center location I've measured my front door facing direction with my luo pan. I did this by squaring my earth plate flush with the door, then aligning my needle with the red line in the heaven pool (point south and end of needle north between the two red dots), lastly I read the compass degree by looking at where the top Tien Sum Sap Dou (or Axis Cross) lies. In my course you mentioned using a luo pan to determine the front door facing direction but didn't explain how this was done; Is the method I used correct?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. For a landed property, it is very straight forward to take a compass reading i.e. majority of the time it is where usually cars drive past our main entrance area. And this is where often, we drive into the home. And most of the living room / main door is (located).

For landed property, just hold the luo-pan (most of the time) standing inside of the door looking outwards of the home. The luo pan has a needle and there is also "two red dots". Once the needleis properly aligned try to place the two dots in between the needle - this marking will show the north compass marking.

2. Fora condo type development, if your building as mentioned earlier has one "facing" e.g. a single block facing one direction and yours is the 2nd floor, most likely the qi coming into the home is most prevalent from the building facing. Thus (try to determine this) and if it so, then you should stand with the back of the building and facing "outwards" to take a compass reading.. usually the way to do is to stand and avoid building columns (if possible keep 1 metre distance from any column or lifts).

3. For those who are not too familiar with where is the north can reference the north using any normal compass. Once one is familar with it, then no need the compass.

4. Even if one is using a Luopan, and if one has a good compass, then it is also very good especially for those in the equator, should try to use professional compass like Sunto - balanced to Region 3.

Michael K. wrote:
Hello Master Lee. A friend just told me what a landed property was; so to answer you question, no I don't live on a landed property. I live in a suite on the second floor of an apartment building (kind of like a condo). Since I can't see my front door of my suite from my center location I've measured my front door facing direction with my luo pan. I did this by squaring my earth plate flush with the door, then aligning my needle with the red line in the heaven pool (point south and end of needle north between the two red dots), lastly I read the compass degree by looking at where the top Tien Sum Sap Dou (or Axis Cross) lies. In my course you mentioned using a luo pan to determine the front door facing direction but didn't explain how this was done; Is the method I used correct?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net