About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Is it necessary to tie pakua mirror with red thread

sun888_99

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
In my personal opinion, tie a "red thread" has more to do with Chinese customs than the pakua mirror has to be activated with a red thread.
As red symbolisies an auspicious colour.
1. When one moves into a house, some Chinese follow the tradition of wraping charcoal with a red paper to represent black gold. Red is considered auspicious.
Same goes for bringing into the house a red charcoal stove to symbolise an auspicious occassion when moving into the house.
2. Chinese wedding invitation cards are always in Red especially with the Phoenix (representing Female) and Dragon (representing Male) emblem in gold.
Even the double happiness sign is usually in red.
3. I mentioned in a few recent messages that during Chinese Lunar New Year, in the past, red fire crackers were lighted and the result is a red `carpet' effect.
We can then understand why red is always used such as red string even to tie the ancient coins to form the 6 coins symbolising `Big metal'. Where `big metal' is used to destroy the Wood element e.g. a wooden ceiling beam.
4. It is also recommended when one is disposing a used Ba Gua mirror, one should wrap the Ba Gua mirror in a used newspaper and tie it with a red string before disposing of it.
This is more a tradition than a `MUST' to activate the Ba Gua Mirror.
Hope the above helps.
Cecil

On 10/16/99 11:30:22 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that one
should tie the pakua mirror
with red thread to activate
it.
That without the red thread it
does not work.
Is it true. Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net