About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Some questions regarding the home address

muffin_99

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. Firstly, house numbers are considered secondary to Feng Shui.
There are two "camps" with regards to this thinking. Like you mentioned some FS practioners would encourage the numbering to be rising at 45 degrees to denote or symbollically represent `progress' or as you mentioned:
vertical such as
Others, would consider numbers secondary and not as important ie. the numbers can be at the same level.
2. In my opinion, I do believe that numbers are of secondary importance but it is really no harm raising the numbers 45 degrees or at a vertical position. (Unless this is specifically not permitted in a specific country).
Again, symbolism plays an important role in Feng Shui. As we can see that it is best to have even a design of a lamp that looks like:-
/\
/ \
||
The above profile is generally considered more auspicious than other profiles such as a roof of the house slanting to one side only.
3. One other important point to note is that some highly experience Feng Shui Masters also mentioned that the main entrance door is one where you have the number of the house on it.
This is a serious consideration especially for those who use another door as their main entrance.
(For now, I will not discuss on this further as there are lots of mails to be answered).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/18/99 3:45:16 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that in feng
shui the address of the home
should be visible from road
and that house number should
be written
rising up vertically at an 45
angle instead of horizontally.
Is there any truth in this.