About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Can An Chuang be done after wedding?

myfs_139527

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Yes, for practical reasons, the clue here is "my resale flat will only be available in Aug 09":-

Under the following conditions:-

1. If possible an chuang should only be done once. Thus if you had an chuang in a "previous" home e.g. currently staying with parents or rental, then should not be done at your "new" resale flat, again.

2. If already, pregnant or has had a child with (the same husband).

Generally, there are the two considerations.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Staff

1. Common sense 101 or Cow Sense 1.0

1.1. In the past, some hand embroidered wedding beddings takes a lot of man hours and are very delicate.

1.2. And they are equally as delicate as say the wedding grown.

1.3. Thus based on cow sense, such a wedding bedding should perhaps be used .. as based on what you wrote.. “put down after one use”.

2. It is considered a taboo to wear one’s fully paid wedding grown once. 

2.1. As it is a stigma of wearing the wedding grown twice or more!

2.2. Nowadays, even with a rented grown, after that use, it is returned to the shop.

3. Frankly a marriage cannot be so fragile as to rely on such taboos! 

3.1. It is like some busybody Relatives and friends of the bride that one must avoid a piece of glass backing behind the stove.

3.2. Here the scare tactics is that a piece of glass behind the stove acts like a mirror. 

3.3. Thus it looks as if the kitchen now has too stoves. (A mirrored stove and an actual stove).

3.4. Here it is said that now the husband be able to have two wives!

3.5. With or without the mirror, don’t you think the husband can also have a mistress if he wants one?

3.6. If a marriage is so fragile because of such things then, firstly don’t get married, right?

4. Sorry for the distraction.

5. Frankly, if the wedding bedding does not costs a princely sum; Some couples continue to use it frequently.

6. Some use it on special occasions such as their wedding anniversaries or during Chinese New Year... etc...

7. If you are still disturbed by what I wrote; then the next best thing .. or good thing about the Chinese culture is... some often consult family.

7.1. Especially a matriarch such as their grandma...

8. There is no wrong or right answers! Or answers that are cast in stone.

”It is your life, live it, once!” LOL ? 

• Staff

This reminds me of just the other day: a client got his keys to the recently Just T.O.P. HDB Anchorvale Plains home.

He told me, his grandmother personally took charge of his home’s First time open door procedure.

Told me to come down an hour later after his grandma does the procedure. LOL ? 

Here, there are still some Singaporean’s that rely on their family’s tradition.

I am sure, this grandma, must also had her home “blessed” by her grandma and so forth!

However, there are also many clients in the past who had asked me for such an advice.

Yeah! They told me that their parents and/or grand parents are like.. anything goes.. best to consult an expert.

As I mentioned previously, lots of advices are grounded in logic and cow sense.. sorry I mean common sense!

• Staff

The University of Life is giving a free degree in a bachelors in Common Sense!

Enrol now! You will have No regrets!

55AB87A4-F31C-4007-A185-04D13C674C4C.jpeg.18474783d6a2672b026a1aba5acaad3f.jpeg

FAQ: Where is the location of The University of Life?

It is located in every nook and cranny of the world. You only need to dig deeper within yourself. 

I am confident that you can find it.

• Staff

Okay, I did a search and the first thing I came across are these:

1. The full set is reasonable cheap.

2. Only thing is that some of them have are the bold chilli red colours (red is auspicious for any occasions) and wordings and graphics..

3. Thus, even if one use daily until wear and tear sets in.. no issue, here.

4CE7EF54-4502-43E8-B792-C144E960C01A.thumb.png.5534f052517911e3782d6c208817f02c.png

564F5369-DBE4-4D30-A9E9-57A8ADABF3E7.png

77B1D01E-5648-46DB-BD7B-B24476109C21.png

FC2C700A-7115-49AB-86CC-D976386B7E01.png

P.S. Please note that I have no intention to advertise for ezbuy.sg or endorse their products.

It so happens that I did a search for wedding bedding.. google highlighted a link to the above site that's all.

Frankly, have never bought any products from this site. My last online purchase experience several years ago was specifically at eBay. 

Which means? Buy at your own risk!

• Staff

Case Study: Move-in procedures and the use of a charcoal stove

1. Many years back, real life case of an elderly family member most likely the grand mother is staying with the children.

2. The couple really did the procedure of Move-in with a charcoal stove.

3. After they had moved-in, their family member really make use of this charcoal stove.. until it is in poor condition. Then this charcoal stove was thrown away.

4. Contrast today...

4.1. Some couples still follow the tradition of bringing in a brand new charcoal stove. 

4.2. Some light it up during the move-in. 

4.3. And taboo says... that they SHOULD be keeping the stove. And also suppose to store it. 

4.4. The reason is that it is still brand new and some consider it bad luck to throw away a genuinely new stove!

5. Look at this recent question of the "wedding bedding".

5.1. There is no right or wrong answers. 

5.2. Thus if one follows the "grandmother" use of the stove.. it is later thrown away after poor condition.

5.2.1. It is similar to the wedding bedding. Drawing a parallel, thus if the grandmother can use the stove.. why can't one use the wedding bedding until it needs to be retired?

6. If one wants to keep the wedding bedding forever, it follows the modern trend of bringing in a new stove into a new home!

7. Nothing is cast in stone. If in doubt, check with the elders such as a grandmother for advice. 

8. There will certainly be diverse views etc... 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Staff

THE ORIGINS OF CHINESE WEDDING SEDAN

The chair-like wooden sedan lined with coloured silk was popular mode of transportation in ancient China. Just like a donkey ridden by the poor, the sedan was used by the rich around. However, no special occasions like wedding, the poor would also use a sedan to ferry the bride.

8921FA5E-421F-43C7-84FF-89C6C10744AC.jpeg

F4040748-D0B6-4E7C-B260-874404F66F1A.jpegCD143D01-08AD-4C01-BE19-9338E2FF3069.jpegD64167F0-D5FF-497A-8EB6-95F59FD575CD.jpeg9A39EC77-FDFB-4521-B060-D9030863172B.jpeg

DF37F74E-9104-4E82-81E1-3EEE66AE5745.jpeg0AD245FA-162B-43B4-A27C-380E1031C385.jpegFD45097E-7ADE-4EF4-A235-2C0FC4368A1F.jpeg530C5D7F-D289-474A-B079-8F07BAE04F38.jpeg73B7B13A-7E78-4F77-806B-C1A790BDBB08.jpegE52454CA-4869-41B1-B1E1-81A65F164CE0.jpeg44043A9F-DAD5-42B7-B1A7-C10C724323D4.jpeg

• 8 months later...
  • Staff

Hi Master Lee, sorry to disturb again. 

My wedding is on 11 Dec and a friend is getting married a week before me. 

I understand that I am not supposed to go attend her wedding due to “Chong Xi”. However, she does not believe in this tradition and asked if she can attend mine. 

Hence, I am wondering if the “Chong xi” would also apply to her and if it will be better that she does not attend mine? 

Thank you once again!

Conservatives would say avoid. 

Nowadays youngsters don’t really care for such traditions that often don’t make common sense at all.

Frankly do ask both side of the parents if they have any objections or if they have faint knowledge.. then should be ok

878BDD0B-762E-438D-BB24-3D835D5F03DE.png

• 10 months later...
  • Staff

AN CHUANG RELATED PROCEDURES
Frequent Asked Questions - FAQS

1. For the An chuang ceremony, can I check if it’s common to do it one day before the wedding or we will need to do it 3-5 days before the wedding?

Actually, you can do it any time before the actual wedding date (night before, or several days before). However, once you have done the An Chuan, the couple shouldn't use the bed until the actual wedding. Hence, most people won't do it too early, in case they are still using the bed to sleep.

2. For car opening on the wedding day, if there is no younger male relative available on the bride side, is it ok for one of the groomsmen to open the car door or a younger female relative?

If no younger male relative, yes it is okay to have a unmarried young teen/adult of relative or a unmarried groomsmen to open the car. However, you cannot let a younger female relative open the door. The purpose of this is also to kind of bless the couple with a male child.

3. If my older sister is not married yet, is there a procedure required to be carried out on the wedding day?

This depends on the dialect group and family traditional beliefs. For the Hokkiens, they don't have any particular procedure for this.

However, from what I know from my mum who's had a relative from a Cantonese family, they are a bit more particular on this. What they do is that before the bride and groom enters the house, they would hang a man's trousers above the door, before they enter the house. After which you can take down the trousers once the couple enters it. So there might be some of these particular procedures depending on their dialect group and beliefs. It is best to check with your family elders. Usually, most of these are done as part of your family traditional beliefs which can vary from family to family.

For modern family, most don't really are that superstitious about it, so they also don't really do anything additional. Furthermore, since this is more the bride's side rather than groom side, even less reason to do so.

4. For An chuang ceremony, as we are doing it at the grooms place at the moment, when we move in to our new house in future with a new bed, do we need to do the ceremony again?

Usually, once you have done the An Chuan and used the bed together as a couple, then there is no need to do it again, even if you buy a new furniture for the house. The main purpose is to bless the new couple with children, so if you used the bed already, then An Chuan have already fulfilled it's purpose. When you buy a new future in the future, it will more like it is replacement of an old furniture. So really not necessary to do it again. This An Chuan process is done only once.