About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Old shoe for others

myfs_140367

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. This thing about giving shoes is a Chinese thing. Similar to the Chinese avoid giving clock(s) (bells) to others.

2. However, since these are "old shoes"; I guess there is some leeway to interpret "gifts". I believe; it is no longer considered as a gift but rather should be construde as doing something good.

3. For other races, I believe; is a no issue; as you don't need to follow everything another race does.

4. In fact, many years back, even in a country dominated by the Chinese; in fact I remember a decade or two ago; there was this buy a branded sports shoe @ a discount when you bring your old pair - I forgot either to recycle or if still "new" given away to the poor in another country.

5. So long as one's intentions are considered genuine and true to our heart; I believe this is truly acceptable behaviour. In fact, many Chinese families have a habit of getting their younger children to wear their brothers or even cousins clothings that were passed down to them. And it is a true waste if the shoes are still quite new... (wearable).

Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master

I have a few extra shoe that I do not want to keep anymore.
Is it 'pantang' to give an old shoe (but still wearable) to someone.
will he (the recipient) have a good luck or bad luck.

thanks fr yr adv

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net