About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Why all chinese people wear jade

sun888_99

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
I believe, Jade is considered one of the precious items to many Chinese. Unlike diamond which is `hard', jade has been said to be `magical' as it is "cooling".
To many, they believe that it has `good' effects. I have not researched into this area therefore, have not seen whether there are studies relating to how true it is on the `good' effects.
But one thing for sure, real jade is cooling. Again, I am not sure, what the effects are.
In the past, I used to see ladies wearing a jade bracelet. I was told that if one wears a good jade, it will become greener and greener.
Personally, I have not seen it happened. Because when I was young, my mum let me wear a wear pendant. I remembered or hoping that it changed colour but to-date it never did. I only wear it when I was young. I may have to check the safe-deposit box. But most likely in any event because, I was told that it changes to a darker green if only it is worn.
Perhaps, it could be due to oxidation. As jade has hairline cracks and may absorb chemicals e.g. shampoo, soap, washing soap etc.. This could explain some jade change to a darker colour.
In an ancient Chinese excavation, one `royalty' was digged up and his or her body was covered from head to toe with `jade' clothing. I think it was small pieces of jade sewed with gold to form an entire `clothing'. The purpose given was to prevent decomposition of the body.
If anyone has more to add, we certainly like to hear from you.
Do remember that there are no right or wrong answers:)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/1/99 4:31:07 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
All chinese people I have met
wear some kind of jade
Jewelry. why? Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 1 month later...

I wear a baby jade nickle around my neck. My mum tells me the jade is best when it's tied using a red string. It's known to protect you from harm. you can restore the jades power once and a while by giving it a little bath in the sea water.
the jade shaped into a buddah and if blessed, it will protect you from the evil spirits.
Only the real jade from the mountains has this kind of power. my jade is worth about $300 - and it's only very little! i wonder what the big jades are worth!!
-Daniel