About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Are all the 'chuo' and 'xiang' the same?

Hi there,
Assuming we have a rectangular shaped HDB flat, which has capacity of 100 household. The flat is facing south (chuo bei xiang nan).
If we use a "luo pang" to measure the direction at the individual household, it will always be facing north. Of course, not everyone will have the same luck depending, on his Pillars of destiny, ming kua (8 house theory), placement of bed, stove, etc. I used to think in this way until I met a "feng shui" master.
According to him, I should divide the entire flat in proportion of the 8 directions. In other words, all the households will be having the same "xiang" but different "chuo".
I do argue that if we take each household as a macro level (yi wu yi tai chi), I'm still right to say each household is having the same "chuo" and "xiang".
So, who is right?
Thanks! :>
Regards,
Chris Ng

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Chris,
It is for this case that the House Number module was developed by Feng Shui masters to tackle modern problems relating to flats.
The reason is because one should not change the house direction whether sitting or facing. Essentially, the whole block face is facing that particular direction.
That is why, if the Flying Star of a particular layout in a flat or apartment is good or bad, it does not mean that everyone of the same block will share the same luck. Because different house numbering will determine the luck of the unit based on Flying Star house numbering.
In addition, whether it is good or bad depends on the Pillars (true element and strength) of an individual. That is why for this reason, there is no need to change the sitting or facing direction.
Robert and myself strongly agree that Traditional method still stands because when one do a Feng Shui audit, Flying Star is only one of the audit tools. The key reason is that the house may be good but if it does not suit the person staying in the house, he will not be able to enjoy the benefit of the house.

Furthermore, Flying Star (Farmer's Flying Star) analyses a wide sector which includes a large building and its analysis takes into account Horizontal sector influences and not vertical influences. For this reason, there is no need to change the sitting and facing position. As mentioned, that is why the vertical analysis called Flying Star House number was developed especially by modern Hong Kong Masters to cover this `missing' link. I mentioned Hong Kong in particular rather than Taiwan Masters because, they are faced with a high rise developments and successfully done so many FS audits.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/2/99 9:32:55 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi there,
Assuming we have a rectangular
shaped HDB flat, which has
capacity of 100 household. The
flat is facing south (chuo bei
xiang nan).
If we use a "luo pang" to
measure the direction at the
individual household, it will