About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Right location for kitchen (stove)

vtn

Dear Cecil/Robert
I would very much grateful if you could kindly advise me on the following:
(1) which sector of the house is appropriate for the Kitchen and the Stove (in the Bad or Good sector of the Eight Houses). When we say "kitchen", do we really mean we refer to the "Stove"? or they are two different things?
(2) Say if I have a kitchen, which is a sperate "room" in my house (e.g.: with its own walls and entrance doors), should this Kitchen Room be placed in the Good or Bad sector of the house?. And when I place a Stove in this Kitchen Room, should I put the Stove in the Good (or Bad) sector of the house? or put the Stove in the Good (or Bad) sector of the Kitchen Room?
Your advise is appreciated.
Best personal regards,
Tam

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Tam,
1. For the kitchen, even in Traditional Feng Shui practise, there are many `controversies' relating to the location of the stove. And even confusion over the stove or on the entire Kitchen.
2. One of the reasons is because there is (no where in the house) that has the two water and fire elements `close by'.
Please see below:-

On 11/4/99 11:48:15 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil/Robert
I would very much grateful if
you could kindly advise me on
the following:
(1) which sector of the house
is appropriate for the Kitchen
and the Stove (in the Bad or
Good sector of the Eight
Houses). When we say
"kitchen", do we really mean
we refer to the "Stove"? or
they are two different things?

A. Some practioners say that the Kitchen (plus stove) should be the auspicious sector for the breadwinner.
Some say that it should be more important for it to be the auspicious sector for the spouse (who uses the kitchen).
It is not wrong for some practioners to say that the stove can be at an inauspicious sector as it burns the inauspicious intangible force.
An opposing view is that the stove should be at an auspicious sector as this is the location where we cook.
Both sides can argue on and on.
In my opinion, the general agreement is that and mentioned widely is that one has to `look out ' for the knobs.
The neutral position is one where it faces the ceiling. If not, it should normally face inwards (from the main entrance door). Facing inside the house instead of facing outwards.
My opinion is that as we can understand from the Eight House theory is that the location one spents most time should be an auspicious sector.
Under the Eight House Theory, it is thus less important that the kitchen is an inauspicious for the breadwinner if he/she does not spent some time there e.g. cooking a meal.
Furthermore, from many past audits and experience, I found that there are few problems or cures required in the kitchen.
Far more problems are created elsewhere. If you know what I mean. Such as poision arrows aimed at a house, bad flying star numbers etc...
Given so many Feng Shui and related cross references, the kitchen is less of a problem today.
More importantly, keep the water position away (if possible) or have a space between the stove and the frige or basin.
In addition, more importanly, the stove has to have a backing or solid wall. No windows.

(2) Say if I have a kitchen,
which is a sperate "room" in
my house (e.g.: with its own
walls and entrance doors),
should this Kitchen Room be
placed in the Good or Bad
sector of the house?. And
when I place a Stove in this
Kitchen Room, should I put the
Stove in the Good (or Bad)
sector of the house? or put
the Stove in the Good (or Bad)