About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Wrought Iron Main Gate with 'arrow heads

Cecil Lee

• Staff

1. It is stronglyrecommended not to install or try to avoid installing"arrow head" grilles for home main gates and even windows.

2. In this example; where the main entrance door is facing the gate, the gate has some arrow heads "aimed" at one's own main entrance. Not a wise choice, thou.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Last Saturday, an existing client who had recently sold their condominium unit and bought a landed property.

2. He asked me whether should he change his main entrance door position? As he felt that the main gate should not open directly towards the main entrance door.

3. Please see attached illustration showing: Layout Plan A and Layout Plan B.

4. These are the considerations:-

4.1. Contrary to my client's belief, especially in Singapore; especially for terrace houses; in my opinion 50 percent of all such terrace homes have either their main entrance directly facing the main gate (as shown under Layout Plan: A).

4.2. And the rest of the 50 percent of all terrace homes have thier main entrance door as shown under Layout Plan: B).

5. As the main entrance door is considered as the "mouth" of the home. And as we all know, the mouth is a very important organ of our body. It should not be subject e.g. to "cuts" or "sores" in the mouth be it on the mouth wall (skin) and /or the tongue.

6. In the earlier message, I mentioned that a gate with arrow heads on the wrought iron gate is not advantages. As it creates a "personal" poison arrow aimed into one's home.

7. Under Layout Plan A; as the gate can be opened, some prefer to "safe guard" their main entrance door, by changing it to Layout Plan B. So that any road signs or lamp post does not inadvertently "cuts" into the main entrance door area.

8. Thus, as most local Singapore homes have solid fence wall, the most vulnerable area is the main gate area as shown under markings in PURPLE A to B range.

9. On the other hand, even if we change the main entrance door to Layout Plan B; but if we do have sliding glass doors at this area and the living room is now at this area/sector; again it does not make any difference or in fact, it is worse off as the entire living room area with the silding door area is exposed to or may be exposed to external threats like one's own gate with pointed arrows etc...

10. In another situation, if a person installs a "stand-alone" side gate as shown in the attached Layout Plan: B; should the side gate be opened all the time, it is considered inauspicious, also. (Here, the concept is that spirits or ghosts is saidto - can only move in a straight line.)

11. Thus, if one were to drive past landed properties especially estates with terrace homes; as I had mentioned it is close to 50-50 where the main entrance door is situated.

12. There are many other different layout plans. But for this layout plan; Layout Plan B has one advantage in that the main entrance door does not "face" the staircase.

13. Other considerations?

13.1. Should I have make my entrance gate "air-tight" e.g. using layers of wood panels to block view into my home?

13.1. If there is no poison arrows facing the main gate e.g. from the Layout Plan A; between purple markings A to B, then this is not necessary.

13.2. It may be necessary if the home is at a "T-junction".

14. I have a car that is parked in my home's car park. Wouldn't this be shielding my main entrance door from sha qi?

14.1. Sometime or the other the purchase of a car is for us to drive it around. And it is not that the car is stationery or at a fixed spot 24 hours a day. When we drive our car, it is no longer parked in the car park. Of course if one has two or more cars. But still, they have to move sometime or other.