About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Whose best direction to follow?

myfs_140197

Hello Cecil,

We are a couple in the midst of purchasing a home.

My wife is a east group while I belong to the west group, this results in alot of conflicts and difficulties when shortlisting a suitable home.

In today's society, both of us are breadwinners so it becomes hard to decide whose ba-zi should take priority where home selection is concerned.

How would you normally approach such scenarios?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some of the considerations:-

1. Your question in fact has been asked many (many) times in the past. Thus it is not something new. Or something that someone suddenly wakes up having a nightmare of it.

2. For example, there are concepts like these:-
http://wiki.geomancy.net/wiki/Master_Bedroom:_Which_side_must_I_sleep_on

3.There are more millionaires and billionaires staying at ground level. And majority of them look, first at the macro Feng Shui. For example, they often get good advice on a home and how to "suck" as much wealth from the environment for their home.

4. Go do a search in the forum for things like "Quantum Leap in Feng Shui". And in doing so, questions like "Oh we now earn the same pay ... da da da di di di "

5. Such things are peanuts when we consider the bigger picture. A home with superior Shapes and Forms can be 100 times better than a home that one argues between " is it better for me or for her? You must tell me!"

6. Statistically; there will always be 50-50 of persons belonging to the East or West group.

7. Go find out more about " Ba Zi Feng Shui ". In theory, if there is a choice between selecting a home using the East-West group; the Ba Zi Feng Shui method is often the superior one. But wait! unfortunately, if you go to 10 Feng Shui practitioners; maybe only 3 can get a person's "element and strength" determined correctly.

8. This is why, it is better to get correct than totally wrong. For example, how hard is it to determine whether one is an East or West group. Because the calculation is close to even Primary 6 grade child can do it; there is less or NIL chance of getting it wrong. But professional Ba zi is uses no less than 6 x 2 sets of interactions of sets of Earthly branch and Heavenly steps to derive the answer.

9. The saying goes: Even if someone coats the interior of one's house with gold; but outside of the house and it's four walls are crumbling... one will certainly not have good Feng Shui.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

These are some other considerations:-

1. The lowest common denominator: The Five Elements Concept.

2. The most powerful "Holistic Approach to Feng Shui" is what is known as Ba Zi Feng Shui with Flying Star Feng Shui.

3. Why?

4. Ba Zi's lowest common denominator is: The Five Elements Concept. For example: an individual can be classified as say: weak metal or strong metal; weak water or strong water; weak wood or strong wood; weak fire or strong fire and weak earth or strong earth.

4.1. Belonging to each of the above is distinctive from each one or the other.

5. Flying Star Feng Shui's lowest common denominator is also based on the Five Elements concept. Here e.g. #6 = strong metal ; #7 = weak metal etc...

6. The most powerful "Holistic" approach is applying both concepts.

7. Even a house facing can be classified as an element. For example a south facing home can be considered as a Fire element.

8. In the past, I had already uploaded a sample of "House Hunting Report" which has this ba zi element with house facing based on again the Common Lowest Denominator: The Five elements concept.

9. Why Ba zi Feng Shui vs Eight House (East/West) Group

9.1. This thing called the Eight House (East/West) group uses mainly the person's Year of birth to determine whether one is East or West. Contrast this to the Ba Zi: where at least DD MM YY and HH (non compulsory) is used.

9.2. Thus, based on Feng Shui concepts; many masters would often say that between Eight House or Ba Zi; Ba zi should be the more accurate method and if there are both methods; Ba Zi should be the 1st choice method.

10. However, as I had mentioned in my last message; the main flaw of Ba Zi Feng Shui is not really the flaw of Ba Zi but rather not all Ba Zi analysis are created equal.

11. For example; in my opinion only 3 out 10 Geomancers can get a person's ba zi element and strength correct! As the saying goes " garbage in garbage out". There is vast difference of a person being a weak water vs him being correctly analysed instead as a strong water person!

12. The reason why many geomancers get their ba zi analysis wrongly: FAQ: Ba Zi (Lunar Vs Xia), Timezone Etc
http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=2&mid=23906&new=

12.1 In fact, I had mentioned this before: an internet user tried the ba zi analysis from a "famous author" and found that it differs from this site. A year later, this same user went back to the site and found that the site had changed it's result. And coincidentally, the result was similar to the very first analysis done using our free website service.

12.2 There are still many who were bewildered by different results from different websites. Thus it is this " Ba zi analysis is not created equal by all Geomancy sites ".