About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Distance between fridge, stove and sink

myfs_40495

Dear Cecil
I understand that I need to have some distance between the stove and fridge and sink. But my kitchen is too small. I can only place the fridge (left), hob (centre) and sink (right) at the same area. I can only have about 6 inch gap between fridge and hob and about 10 inch between the hob and sink. Is this enough?
My fridge and hob has a frosted glass partition. Do I need to give priority to have bigger gap for sink or fridge?
I heard that the gap must be around 1.5 feet to 2 feet minimum? Please advise. Tks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

This are some considerations:
1. Common sense Feng Shui
1.1. The stove should not be too close to a sidewall especially if later, one needs to place a large wok onto the stove. Here, if the wall is too close; the wok simply can't be placed onto the stove. In addition, if the stove is too close to the wall, flames will get to it.
1.2. For the Chinese, we often fry our food; thus it is often not a good idea to place any other items be it a cabinet or a fridge too close to the stove. Here, after a few months, the side of the fridge would often be soaked with deposits of cooking oil.
1.3. The stove should not have the neighbour's drainage pipe or sewerage pipe above the stove.
You said: " I can only place the fridge (left), hob (centre) and sink (right) at the same area. I can only have about 6 inch gap between fridge and hob and about 10 inch between the hob and sink. "
2. If you can only manage 10 inches between the hob and sink.. what else can be done? You tell me also.
3. As to fridge left, hob centre etc... if you need to then go ahead. In Feng Shui, there is another "scientific" side of it. Such as where possible the sitting of the stove should fit the "breadwinner/spouse" of the home. And other considerations.
4. If your kitchen is too small; then "too bad'.. If you know as many Feng Shui considerations; then make the BEST out of the situation.

On 8/11/2011 8:46:58 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil
I understand that I need to
have some distance between the
stove and fridge and sink. But
my kitchen is too small. I can
only place the fridge (left),
hob (centre) and sink (right)
at the same area. I can only
have about 6 inch gap between
fridge and hob and about 10
inch between the hob and sink.
Is this enough?
My fridge and hob has a
frosted glass partition. Do I
need to give priority to have
bigger gap for sink or fridge?
I heard that the gap must be
around 1.5 feet to 2 feet
minimum? Please advise. Tks

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 8 years later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest DH Shin

Hello master,

Why is refrigerator considered water element? Refrigerator is electronic, should it not be considered fire element? 

• Staff
1 hour ago, Guest DH Shin said:

Hello master,

Why is refrigerator considered water element? Refrigerator is electronic, should it not be considered fire element? 

Frankly, I re-read all the information in this thread.

No where was mentioned that a fridge is a water element?

All I said was that ideally, a fridge should not have a water/ice dispenser facing the stove that's all. 

1345586711_fridgewithawateroricedispenser.png.03b1876b3a22303963cab8e7a971c2f6.png

Thus even in this latest link, see below, it talks above a fridge as a metal element. 

Please share with us the logic as to why you say that a fridge is a fire element? Hopefully, based again on logic. Not just because XYZ says so.

• 6 months later...