Jump to content
About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link
 

Main Entrance Door facing staircase (stairs)


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

The bad news: The main entrance door is facing the staircase. Worse still; the stairs is sloping downwards.
The Good news: By (Singapore law) all doors leading into staircases has to be closed all the time. As these doors are usually 1/2 hour fire rated.
For this illustration; most likely, the development (site) is still work-in-progress.
Location: New HDB flats @ Havelock Road. Block 56 Havelock Road.


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsored Link
 
  • Administrators

In summary, if we stand at the main entrance door and can see stairs leading downwards; this symbolises "money down the drain".
As mentioned, previously, by Singapore law, the staircase door by right should be closed at all times. If so, if the stairs cannot be seen; "it no longer becomes a threat"

Quote
On 10/22/2011 8:10:54 PM, Anonymous wrote:
The bad news: The main
entrance door is facing the
staircase. Worse still; the
stairs is sloping
downwards.The Good news: By
(Singapore law) all doors
leading into staircases has to
be closed all the time. As
these doors are usually 1/2
hour fire rated.For this
illustration; most likely, the
development (site) is still
work-in-progress.Location: New
HDB flats @ Havelock Road.
Block 56 Havelock Road.


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

The BTO flat that we wanted to get is facing the stairs, but we are not sure if its facing down or upwards. Found a floor plan online,  seeing the floorplan, it looks like facing downwards. In this case, how can we prevent it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
8 hours ago, Ayym said:

The BTO flat that we wanted to get is facing the stairs, but we are not sure if its facing down or upwards. Found a floor plan online,  seeing the floorplan, it looks like facing downwards. In this case, how can we prevent it? 

Frankly, no photos how to tell.

Anyway, by law, it is mandatory to keep the staircase door always closed at all time.

This is to prevent especially (touchwood) smoke from a unit on fire from spreading to this emergency stairwell exit.


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cecil Lee said:

Frankly, no photos how to tell.

Anyway, by law, it is mandatory to keep the staircase door always closed at all time.

This is to prevent especially (touchwood) smoke from a unit on fire from spreading to this emergency stairwell exit.

We don't have the floorplan yet, only can get the screenshot from HDB web. 
We are looking on 143 (based on the picture). In front of the main door actually the stairs. 
Its Alkaff Breeze (Feb 2021) project. 

Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 7.33.19 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

1. Thank you for the site map.

2. If the front door is within marking in red "X" then the front door is literally not directly facing the staircase door.

3. However, there are some who says that if one stands at the front door, if one could see the stairs then this is inauspicious.

4. Fortunately as mentioned under my earlier reply, it is mandatory under Singapore law that such emergency exit doors must be closed at all times. 

image.png.c67386d0597f5ab2826a397b43f3e0cd.png

5. It is considered a Sha Qi if the front door faces partial staircase wall as shown in the example via a "z":-

image.png.66cb7b855b50e0bd62664db02eac7436.png


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...