About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

RE: Trigram over a door

Dear Cecil, thanks so much for your reply, I'm not sure which book it was (as I had gotton 3 books from the library on this subject to read) that stated placing the trigrams above the doorways. What I meant was, the author didn't state to place the "mirror" itself over the doorways/areas to activate the area, just the "symbol" of the trigram itself whether it be on wood, on a piece of stone, stenciled on the wall, or whatever. In other words, for example, in the south--you would use the trigram for the south only--the 6-line trigram representing that area. I will try to checkout the book again and see who the author was. In the mean time, I was just wondering why you would need to activate these areas.
Thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Carrie,
Thanks for your offer to look into the books. Personally I feel it is not necessary to do so.
This is because, traditionally:-
1. A trigram should not be modified but rather based on the First Heaven Sequence Trigram.
Ref: http://www.geomancy.net/fs/pakua.htm
2. In my personal opinion, modifying the Ba Gua trigram is a modern invention; perhaps invented by the author him/herself and have no basis in Traditional Feng Shui.
3. For Feng Shui books best to get books written by Traditional Feng Shui authors or if one prefer, 9-Star Ki authors.
Where possible not to mix both methods.
4. Try to avoid books written by Black Hat Sect (BTB) authors.
Where possible avoid books by authors who quote " Space clearing ". These books are either BTB or close to it.
"Space clearing" authors usually talks only about Feng Shui in terms of invisible Qi. Here, Feng Shui becomes so mysterious that even the author does not know what he is talking about.
The end result you could expect is to purchase *enhancers* in `bulk' e.g. 3 or more wind chimes, a fountain etc... Perhaps, after reading some Traditional cures would start selling the `victim' the 6 chinese ancient coins. Perhaps giving a discount over it.
5. Where possible, try to get the basics or fundamentals of Feng Shui correct i.e. if one wants to go further into Feng Shui, try to understand Traditional Feng Shui.
No offence, what I believe for anyone new to Feng Shui is " if it ain't broken, please do not fix it ". If one does apply D.I.Y. cures, do it e.g. piecemeal. "Better safe than sorry". A short cut method would be to consult a competent FS practioner. Else, be cautious.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/8/99 8:58:08 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil, thanks so much for
your reply, I'm not sure which
book it was (as I had gotton 3
books from the library on this
subject to read) that stated
placing the trigrams above the
doorways. What I meant was,
the author didn't state to
place the "mirror" itself over