About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How to do a Feng Shui audit

When you are going to first begin looking at the feng shui of a home where would be the best place to begin? Do you use the ba-gua on the entire home and the specific rooms? Or do you calculate whether the family members are east or west and try to affect the areas they are in most?
With all the new information coming out about feng shui it is becoming more confusing instead of less. Please advise.
Darlene

• 3 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Darlene,
1. Sorry for the late reply.
2. Presently there are no ISO standards or standard practises in Feng Shui.
3. I would rather call it Geomancy as Feng Shui alone is not really enough to cover the scope of a full " Feng Shui " audit.
4. In my opinion, it takes years and years of experience plus constant studying and updates to come to a level of not only understanding but applying `Feng Shui'.
As Rome was not built in a day, Geomancy study needs lots of understanding and more importantly, applying what most likely works and discard the `bad' practises.
5. I therefore cannot blame you for being
`confused' with so many practices in Geomancy. Furthermore, there are so many differing views and controversies surrounding Feng Shui.
Especially, if one chanced upon the only Feng Shui newsgroup: alt.chinese.fengshui one would be amazed with the `infighting', flames and accusations within such a newsgroup.
I would not touch (participate) in the forum even with "a ten foot pole."
6. Frankly, I mentioned quite often that half the battle is worn if one finds a good home. In fact, this solves most of the problems and if one is lucky, do not even need Feng Shui!
7. Another key essence is to find out the purpose by asking the simple questions of : What, How and Why?
8. If one has a reasonably good house, and the essence of what each Feng Shui theory does, its strengths and limitations and apply the most effective `cure' is considered the best one can do for ourselves.
As, I cannot mention so many things on one message, take your time to find out more on what is and what is not Feng Shui or Geomancy.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/30/99 12:14:16 PM, Anonymous wrote:
When you are going to first
begin looking at the feng shui
of a home where would be the
best place to begin? Do you
use the ba-gua on the entire
home and the specific rooms?
Or do you calculate whether
the family members are east or
west and try to affect the