About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Auspicious date to Move/relocate residence in January 2017

myfs_133600

Sponsored Link

• Staff

There are two common methods:-

1. Tong Shu/Almanac: This is a rudimentary "entry level system". Here, anyone can buy a Tong Shu / Almanac book or check on-line without input of personal birth-date(s).

1.1. And sometimes it may say not auspicious to move-in on that day.

2. http://dates.geomancy.net  or simply dates.geomancy.net

2.1. This free report is as it is. Available to view for the next 30 days. And users need to input: DD MM YYYY & HH. Can also check for combined two persons.

2.2. Hour of birth or HH is optional.

3. Look at it this way... the Tong Shu/Almanac  in modern times is like someone taking an X-ray. While the dates based on one's ba zi http://dates.geomancy.net is equivalent of today's MRI.

3.1. Logically, sometimes the Tong Shu says "inauspicious to move on that day". But, frankly, there are more than 5 billion Chinese all over the world. And how can it be that 5 billion people have to avoid moving on a specific day?

4. Either one use the Tong Shu or Ba Zi. Your choice! But really can't mix the two....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SORRY for the side-track..Seriously this does not apply to non-Chinese;  here goes....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

5. In general, without looking at both the Tong Shu or Ba Zi; Chinese always deem these lunar days very auspicious:-

a. 1st Day of Chinese Lunar New Year (CNY). Based on Lunar calendar this is the FULL moon day. And for 2017; it happens to be on 28th January.
b. The Last day of CNY is on the last 15th full moon.

5.1. In essence, for us Chinese every 1st and 15th lunar day of any month is essentially auspicious. Here, on these two days.. many devotees rush to e.g. Guan Yin temple to pray...

5.2 But if one is a Chinese, it is a taboo to move-in on 28th January 2017 = the 1st day of Chinese New Year.

5.3 Most likely you are non-Chinese. Up to you.

5.4 For example, I am a Chinese and I have yet to see a Chinese move-house on the 1st day of CNY ever! This is a Chinese thing. (No offense to non-Chinese. For example: this is based on a Chinese belief. May or may not want to follow... your call)

5.5 And for us it is generally bad luck to move-house on 28th January 2017. And also 2nd, 3rd... and even up to the last day of CNY which is 15 days from 28th January 2017 = 11 Febuary 2016. However, the last resort is to move-in after the 8th lunar day onwards - if really, really no choice e.g. lease expired.. etc..

5.6 The 1st day of CNY is suppose to a day of paying respects by visiting our parents and grand-parents. Where got time to sweat it out to move house?MRI-1 ba zi.png

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thank you! Yes, I am chinese and husband is non Chinese. I don't think we will move on 1/28 either. Should we avoid the entire 2 weeks after the new years?

Can you clarify if "mix blessing" is good or not? The green color makes me think it is ok.

Looking at the dates.geomancy.net, not knowing our time of birth we are going to go for one of these, which do you prefer?

1/21

1/23

1/25

1/26

These articles say the opposite of your calendar. Can you help me understand why they're so different?

1/23 and 1/25: chinesefortune

1/31 travelguide

1/22 art of

Maybe 1/23 and 1/25 since it's mentioned in multiple places???

THANK YOU!

• Staff

Please refer to my previous reply: either use the one from this website or the Tong Shu/Chinese Almanac. Both cannot mix. (Reference: Under Para 4 of my earlier reply).

Another clue that I had mentioned in my first reply that applying the Tong Shu/Almanac does not usually require a birth date. What more; combined two person's birth dates. 

Thus if three sites gives you oranges; can't another site give you an Apple? An apple is also a fruit. And the saying "an Apple a day keeps the doctor away".

Look at it this way.. a flock of sheep follow each other (using an entry level methodology) does not necessarily imply that the head-sheep is correct/optimal. As it has not been personalised....

Geomancy.net has been around on the internet since 1996.  Majority of the sites are not even Traditional Authentic Feng Shui sites.... 

The auspicious dates are also calculated based on individual and also combined Ba zi. Using the methodology mentioned below.

Even if one site practices Geomancy... there are many factors that may result in different end results.

In conclusion, as I said before: "both the Tong Shu/Amanac method and our website's can't mix.

Have a busy schedule. Have already explained. If you prefer oranges go ahead.

Geomancy.net, however only serves organic apples. And it does not need a degree in rocket science to understand.  This thread is permanently closed.

final.jpg

• Cecil Lee locked, unlocked and locked this topic