About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

landform vs flying stars:theory or practice???

chueh

Hi, Master,

I have learned that in Feng Shui theory Natural/external environment is the priority.  We go from big to small, and from permeant to temporary.  However, I am not sure how to balance between the practicality and the theory.  For example, there is a 20-mile-long (measure from it's SW end to NE end) lake sitting the north of the town I am looking for a house to purchase now (please see the picture, the town is marked in red dot).  OK, in theory, I should choose a house that faces N, NE, or NW, because water should be in the front of the house.  The S of the lake is around 4-5 miles from the town I will be living in.  

However, putting flying star period 8 and 9 into consideration, I am looking for a house facing SE, S, or SW (not sure if I am right or wrong).  Assuming that I am right, then that big of the water source would be in the back of the house!!!!!  

Q1... Considering there being numerous streams and creeks nearby around the town everywhere, distance-wise, I should tap into the relationship between the house and the creeks but not the big lake???  However, I checked the topo for the direction of water flows.  Almost all the creeks and streams move away from the center out; no matter which house it is????  That's not a help!  (please see the pic; creeks are very small, so it's hard to see the light blue color)

Q2... in this case, shall I go with the landform and forget about the flying stars, or I should not look at Feng Shui in a black-n-white manner?  Thanks

lakelanier.png

creeks.png

Sponsored Link