About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Is a brown floor considered an earth remedy?

elena

According to our comparison report, we need an earth remedy (yellow or brown color)to bind. In a previous forum you mentioned flooring in a house being a a way to do that. Would laying down a brown floor (real or fake wood) throughout the whole house work? Or would a beige carpet throughout the house also work? Is beige considered yellow? Thank you!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Elena,
Today, I would view, the flooring with a `different' view. In my opinion,
I view flooring in relation to the Yin and Yang rather than the element of a person.
1. Preference would be for lighter coloured tiles than dark coloured tiles. Especially if the house does not get enough lighting.
My view has `differed' in this view point that instead of looking at the elements and relating it to the persons, (5 elements), I go one higher to the Yin and Yang.
The rationale is that it is more important to keep the house, `bright' especially the living room.
For the bedroom paquet or wooden flooring is acceptable, which makes it dark (for some room) but in fact, creates a more Yin environment.
In my present understanding is that it is very hard to relate the flooring to a whole family. It is really difficult.
Therefore, you can say that, my point of view, here has somewhat changed. I keep on thinking about this issue and still feel that the easiest way to `tackle' floor is what I have mentioned above.
Some Feng Shui practitioners may still pay emphasis on the `flooring'. But again, I feel that it is hard to apply it as we live in a real world and this is not an academic excercise.
Hope that helps.
Cecil

On 1/10/00 3:56:08 PM, Anonymous wrote:
According to our comparison
report, we need an earth
remedy (yellow or brown
color)to bind. In a previous
forum you mentioned flooring
in a house being a a way to do
that. Would laying down a
brown floor (real or fake
wood) throughout the whole