About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Relocation of Guan Yin

jojo26

Hi Cecil,

I wish to enquire on the procedure to relocate my Guan Yin.

I will be be shifting my Guan Yin to my mum's house. I heard that its good to bring the guan yin to si ma lu Guan yin temple to "cleanse" it before shifting to a new place?

Is there a need to buy a new incense holder?

Thank you for your advice.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:

1. Often if one's own Guan Yin is shifted towards one's own personal home; it is very common for many to just tell her each "step" of the way e.g. before move, outside the house / flats = downstairs, when reach new home car park, when going up and when outside the main door.

2. Human factors

2.1. Since your Guan Yin is going to your mum's home, first check with her on her preferences.

2.2. Do take note that there is no hard or fast rule for such things.

2.3. If you feel good and heard good things that it should be cleanse then go ahead. 

3. You wrote: "Is there a need to buy a new incense holder?"

3.1. Frankly, common sense comes into play.

3.2. For example, the current incense holder is too large.. a smaller one fits my home. Or the current one somehow is damaged etc... then perhaps change.

3.3. If you check with the shops selling incense holders.. they may most certainly say change. One consideration is that they may just try to sell one. 

3.4. Another common sense thing.. is if you purchase a new one... you then have to consider how to dispose of it.

4. Other matters:

4.1. Sometimes if the Guan Yin is "active" e.g. has a real god within it; then just bring over to your mother's home. To avoid it been "dirtied" during transport to the temple or affected by other things.

4.2. Some Guan Yin statues are DUDs. No god is within it. If so, then get it cleansed and activated. 

4.3. Best to check with the horses mouth as in the temple if you really want to consider bringing it over to them...

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net