About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Flying Star Priority / Non-Religious Cures / Element Production

Azra

Hi Cecil,

First I wanted to thank you for the incredible wealth of information and guidance you publish on your site. I might say this is the best source of Feng Shui information I have found on the internet. I also really appreciate your modern common sense interpretations of the concept of facing.

Due to this - I tried to do my own DIY assessment using a combination of the different schools. Our home is being built and move in date will be mid-2024 so I use period 9 facing SE2 for Flying star.

I have a couple of questions I hope you might offer some of your expertise on. I’m trying to ask them in a way that might also be useful for other people on the forum too.

1. My first question is - is it right to prioritise flying star elements above the default shapes and forms elements when deciding on cures?
    • Context: My initial thought was that I could use destructive elements to weaken the traditional “shapes and forms” elements of the ‘bad’ directions for my family (We are all SW people). I initially wanted to cure South (fire) by hanging a painting of water/blue. However when I see the Flying Star analysis for period 9 facing SE2 (which I understand is a more accurate school?), facing 3 star in S is inauspicious wood so you suggest to use fire to exhaust and weaken. There is therefor a conflict between using water or using fire to benefit this location.
  2. My second question relating to shapes and forms is related to the use of religious symbols to cure the death line. What can you do if the house is secular and does not actively observe religion? Are there other non-religious symbols or objects that can be used that represent life?
  3. My third question is related to the way that elements relate to one another. When an element produces another, does it weaken itself? does this mean that for example in order to cure inauspicious metal there are two options 1) use fire as a destructive element and/or 2) use water to draw out the metal to produce more water and weaken itself?
  4. My fourth question relates to electrical appliances. I see that this might “drain” a direction (good or bad). Does this also apply to an electric oven, electric stove in the kitchen? The conflict for me comes from the an understanding that the stove is an auspicious creator of energy - is this mistaken?
    • Context: Our SW excellent line runs through the kitchen directly through electrical stove and oven.
  5. My fifth question relates to outdoors or feng shui in a garden. I read somewhere that it is not really useful to use flying star analysis for outdoor spaces. Do you agree with this perspective? is there a certain school one should prioritise or any general guidance to follow when placing things like barbecue, sitting space, water feature, bird house, vegetable patch on the property’s facing side?

AO

Sponsored Link

• Staff
On 9/8/2023 at 3:56 PM, Azra said:

Hi Cecil,

First I wanted to thank you for the incredible wealth of information and guidance you publish on your site. I might say this is the best source of Feng Shui information I have found on the internet. I also really appreciate your modern common sense interpretations of the concept of facing.

Due to this - I tried to do my own DIY assessment using a combination of the different schools. Our home is being built and move in date will be mid-2024 so I use period 9 facing SE2 for Flying star.

I have a couple of questions I hope you might offer some of your expertise on. I’m trying to ask them in a way that might also be useful for other people on the forum too.

1. My first question is - is it right to prioritise flying star elements above the default shapes and forms elements when deciding on cures?
    • Context: My initial thought was that I could use destructive elements to weaken the traditional “shapes and forms” elements of the ‘bad’ directions for my family (We are all SW people). I initially wanted to cure South (fire) by hanging a painting of water/blue. However when I see the Flying Star analysis for period 9 facing SE2 (which I understand is a more accurate school?), facing 3 star in S is inauspicious wood so you suggest to use fire to exhaust and weaken. There is therefor a conflict between using water or using fire to benefit this location.
  2. My second question relating to shapes and forms is related to the use of religious symbols to cure the death line. What can you do if the house is secular and does not actively observe religion? Are there other non-religious symbols or objects that can be used that represent life?
  3. My third question is related to the way that elements relate to one another. When an element produces another, does it weaken itself? does this mean that for example in order to cure inauspicious metal there are two options 1) use fire as a destructive element and/or 2) use water to draw out the metal to produce more water and weaken itself?
  4. My fourth question relates to electrical appliances. I see that this might “drain” a direction (good or bad). Does this also apply to an electric oven, electric stove in the kitchen? The conflict for me comes from the an understanding that the stove is an auspicious creator of energy - is this mistaken?
    • Context: Our SW excellent line runs through the kitchen directly through electrical stove and oven.
  5. My fifth question relates to outdoors or feng shui in a garden. I read somewhere that it is not really useful to use flying star analysis for outdoor spaces. Do you agree with this perspective? is there a certain school one should prioritise or any general guidance to follow when placing things like barbecue, sitting space, water feature, bird house, vegetable patch on the property’s facing side?

AO

1. You wrote: My first question is - is it right to prioritise flying star elements above the default shapes and forms elements when deciding on cures? Context: My initial thought was that I could use destructive elements to weaken the traditional “shapes and forms” elements of the ‘bad’ directions for my family (We are all SW people). I initially wanted to cure South (fire) by hanging a painting of water/blue. However when I see the Flying Star analysis for period 9 facing SE2 (which I understand is a more accurate school?), facing 3 star in S is inauspicious wood so you suggest to use fire to exhaust and weaken. There is therefor a conflict between using water or using fire to benefit this location.

1.1. In general, this the primary comment is  "The Shapes (Shapes and Forms) prevails over the stars (Flying Stars)". This statement implies that Shapes and Forms comes first before Flying Stars. But do note that this applies more for external Feng Shui.

1.2 While there is some truth when it comes to applying interior Feng Shui, then Flying Stars makes more sense with regards to cures or enhancements if any.

1.3. Frankly, your other information is too theoretical. We normally look at a chart showing the actual layout and prepared then comment. As the saying goes... A picture paints a thousand words....

IMG_1905.jpeg

1.4. This is an overview of how I would apply Holistic Feng Shui:

IMG_1670.jpeg

2. You wrote: My second question relating to shapes and forms is related to the use of religious symbols to cure the death line. What can you do if the house is secular and does not actively observe religion? Are there other non-religious symbols or objects that can be used that represent life?

2.1. Feng Shui is non-religious. But there are many Feng Shui masters either impose their religious beliefs into their Feng Shui Practice and/or find it Highly Lucrative to incorporate commercial symbols or objects in their practice. 

2.2. The later motive is FIRST = FENG SHUI STORE mentality and 2ND, a Feng Shui Master. Many abuse this "authority" and 

Many Feng Shui Masters are a Feng Shui Store in disguise
Beware: Even those who claim to have a Feng Shui lineage are equally guilty of this

grandparentstime.thumb.png.d7fdc1f19dddf7a656c234cd43435592.png

bullshit.png.8a28af50b9b4c2dbe49ac264e6dddb2b.png

Ask: "Must I buy from you?"

Find out more...

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

3. You wrote: 4. My third question is related to the way that elements relate to one another. When an element produces another, does it weaken itself? does this mean that for example in order to cure inauspicious metal there are two options 1) use fire as a destructive element and/or 2) use water to draw out the metal to produce more water and weaken itself?

3.1. Frankly, this is highly academic. And there are many available resources out-there where one can study and have mastery of this subject.
3.2. The above is known simply as the "FIVE ELEMENTS". And it is one of the most fundamental subjects as it applies to many fields of study. Such as Ba Zi (Four Pillars) and Flying Star Feng Shui.

image.thumb.png.bc04be1fff4c92007f5fe3154fd96b52.png

4. My fourth question relates to electrical appliances. I see that this might “drain” a direction (good or bad). Does this also apply to an electric oven, electric stove in the kitchen? The conflict for me comes from the an understanding that the stove is an auspicious creator of energy - is this mistaken?
Context: Our SW excellent line runs through the kitchen directly through electrical stove and oven.

4.1. Unfortunately, this subject is highly subjective. And opinions can differ greatly amongst various Feng Shui practitioners. 

5. My fifth question relates to outdoors or feng shui in a garden. I read somewhere that it is not really useful to use flying star analysis for outdoor spaces. Do you agree with this perspective? is there a certain school one should prioritise or any general guidance to follow when placing things like barbecue, sitting space, water feature, bird house, vegetable patch on the property’s facing side?

5.1. Time and time again, we are asked to advice on landscaping Feng Shui. Just last year, a fairly new condo asked me for Feng Shui advice on what to do with their frontage circular plot: water position or plant landscaping etc...

5.2. A good mastery of Shapes and Forms Feng Shui is essential, here.