About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

House numbers

Audrey

Robert, how about number 442? Cecil mentioned that 4s are not bad, but said that 2 represents sickness. come to think of it, the previous owner of this house developed a physical sickness (MS) while she lived there. I know that our pillars of destiny and flying star reports will play a part, but this is starting to scare me. How strong a part does house number play in the whole skim of things?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Hi,
House numbers belong to another category called Numerlogy.
Frankly, the reason why in my opinion, I prefer to stick to Feng Shui is because in many places, numbers can mean different things.
For example, the Cantonese (a dialect) group of Chinese say that no. 4 means = die. This is because in their dialect, the pronuciation of 4 is `say' or `die'. To them, they thus find the number inauspicious. While to them no. 8 mean `fart' or `prosperity'.
Where else, in `English' astrology, they have the Four elements and some practioners find number 4 to be auspicious.
Under the Flying Star Theory of Feng Shui, the worst numbers to avoid are like what you mention no. 2 or the sickness star, no. 5 and no. 7 provided it is not in period 7 which we are now at. In period 8, number 7 is deemed inauspcious. It is also inauspicious to hang a windchime with 5 tines.
Under the Five elements concept, number 5 is considered "auspicious" e.g. depending on the advise of a FS practioner, you may hang ceiling lamps with five bulbs. Some FS practioners also come up with a tray of 5 goodies.
The list goes on and on.
So we should ask ourselve this question: Which `theory' or concept do we WANT to believe in?
For the Flying Star Chart, it has to be used in total e.g. to look at the birth chart of the house and in relation to the `mountain' and `water' star numbers.
Therefore, house numbers are not considered as part of Feng Shui other than if you have tried the Flying Star for Flats under http://www.geomancy-online.com
Here, we state clearly that some Feng Shui Masters believe that each floor has its own Feng Shui but at the moment, we consider this module as a `fun' module and not to take it seriously.
Going through all this, we again have to question ourself, may be what the previous owner .. was a coincidence or for real.
It is very hard to find a answer for this under Feng Shui.
Cecil Lee

On 4/16/99 1:41:53 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Robert, how about number 442?
Cecil mentioned that 4s are
not bad, but said that 2
represents sickness. come to
think of it, the previous
owner of this house developed
a physical sickness (MS) while
she lived there. I know that
our pillars of destiny and
flying star reports will play