About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Several FS Questions

lrogers

I have been studying FS for about 3 years and have run across conflicting advice and would like some other opinions. so here I go:
1 - Color vs. trigram vs. room. What takes precedence if the personal trigram is Xun which is water/wood conflicts with where the room is located (SW which is fire/metal)?
2- How important is the annual number when added to the flown construction yr/trigram numbers. Which takes precedence?
3 - When the Flying star analysis conflicts with the traditional FS. for example: our bedroom is located in the SE part of the house, this represents wealth add wood, green etc. However according to the flying star analysis the numbers are 4sitting/mountain 8 facing/water star. I would add fire to enhance the financial gain associated with #8. Fire burns wood - which would I do?
4 - What other general enhancements can I make for the health of my family/children, My center numbers are 3 sitting - 7 facing and 5 construction.
5 - What suggestions could you make for a good Flying Star analysis book. I have the complete Idiots guide to Feng shui, it is good although incomplete and I have found several inconsistantancies.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Lisa,
With your questions, one can write a book on Feng Shui. *JOKE*
I like to firstly, look at your questions from a different perspective:-
1. Feng Shui can adopt parallel from other studies e.g. Management studies, HR, Organisation behaviour studies etc... So how are these related to FS one might ask?
2. Not so long ago, I mentioned that a practitioner or one studying FS and then `apply it' should practise Feng Shui based on your inclinations.
Here, it is not about extreme ends of Hot or Cold.
Based on the Right and Left brain concept, for example, some of us are more inclined towards mathematics or graphical.
For example, those who like to express themselves using drawings are more graphical or alternatively, they may read the last few pages of a book unlike some who must read, Page 1, 2, 3 and so on....
3. Thus when applying Feng Shui, if one is better off in intuition should go more for Shapes and Form. While those who have difficultly or `see little' under Shapes and Form can try to make more use of Flying Star.
4. I understand from below that most of your questions is based on conflict on the use of the five elements:
4.1 What you should do here is to understand the main objective in the use of each theory.
For example, under the Flying Star, it looks at each sector and checks for imbalances of the water / mountain stars and base number.
So what one should do here is to neutralise any imbalances at these sectors.
Here is like the notion of a `leak'. If there is a leak, plug it first. The consider other things.
Therefore, only after you neutralised any imbalances then should you look at other things like, e.g. the color for the room etc...
Here, Pillars of Destiny is equally important to determine your element and strength. Not only must you consider your own element and strenght but your partners especially in a room. Here, find a color that can bind both parties.
The free analysis is available at www.geomancy-online.com.
5. You should also try to understand the 5 elements concept clearly. If so, there should not be much confusion over the use of FS.
Again, know the purpose of each theory or concept and their benefits and limitations.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 7/11/00 4:31:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
I have been studying FS for
about 3 years and have run
across conflicting advice and
would like some other
opinions. so here I go:
1 - Color vs. trigram vs.
room. What takes precedence
if the personal trigram is Xun
which is water/wood conflicts
with where the room is located
(SW which is fire/metal)?
2- How important is the annual
number when added to the flown
construction yr/trigram
numbers. Which takes
precedence?
3 - When the Flying star
analysis conflicts with the
traditional FS. for example:
our bedroom is located in the
SE part of the house, this
represents wealth add wood,
green etc. However according
to the flying star analysis
the numbers are
4sitting/mountain 8
facing/water star. I would
add fire to enhance the
financial gain associated with
#8. Fire burns wood - which
would I do?
4 - What other general
enhancements can I make for
the health of my
family/children, My center
numbers are 3 sitting - 7
facing and 5 construction.
5 - What suggestions could you
make for a good Flying Star
analysis book. I have the
complete Idiots guide to Feng
shui, it is good although
incomplete and I have found
several inconsistantancies.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. I really do understand (or thought I did) the five elements concept clearly. I believe my confusion comes from reading conflicting information. i.e Idiots guide: center of home: 3(sitting)7 (facing)5 construction. their comment was: Metal pierces wood, domination cycle involving the unfavorable #3 and prevailing but inherently unfavorable #7 - add reductive phase water. ISN'T #7 LUCKY UNTIL 2004 WHEN THE CYCLE CHANGES? Am I making too much out of this?
Any good books you could recommend?
Thanks soooo much.