About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Renovations and period of a house

lightsong

Hi Cecil,
How do you determine what period to use for the birth of a house that has been remodeled? I read that the year the roof goes on is the birth year of a house, but when a house has had a major renovation, the birth date changes to that period. My question is: How major must the renovation be before you change the birth date of a house?
Cheui May

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Cheui May,
Here, it can be looked at as:-
1. Real or physical major renovations.
2. `Technical' "major" renovation.
3. Under a real or physical major renovation, this would imply renovations as a guideline which should be greater or equal to 33.3 percent of the entire area of the home.
The removal of the entire roof of a house would automatically imply a major change of date of birth.
4. `Technical' "major" renovation. This is symbolic in nature and for example, the repainting of the roof or ceiling.
5. I believe, if one were to post the above to another forum, it may result in differences of opinion.
6. Here are some "safety" nets:-
6.1. As most Compass School FS practioners will do a 20 Flying Star Analysis.
This means that under Period 7, i.e. between 1984 to 2003.
Thus, one should not worry if a renovation or many renovations are done between 1984 to 2003.
For example, if one does a `major' reno in 1985. A second reno in 1990 and even a third major reno in 2001 - it will still be under Period 7.
6.2 A good FS practitioner would usually do an analysis of two periods i.e. the periods e.g. Period 6 (where the house `was' born) and the current Period i.e. Period 7.
By looking at the `history' and the charts of say Period 6 and Period 7, a good FS practitioner will be able to determine which is a more accurate chart to apply.
7. As various factors are taken into consideration, there is thus no hard and fast rule as to say that what was mentioned above should apply `wholesale' to every situation.
Again... IT DEPENDs....
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/25/00 4:23:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
How do you determine what
period to use for the birth of
a house that has been
remodeled? I read that the
year the roof goes on is the
birth year of a house, but
when a house has had a major