About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Difference between sections and directions

Dear Cecil and Robert,
I need a little clarification. As far I understood the gua number of an house is telling us which are the 4 good and the 4 bad section of the house (and they are applicable to each individual). On the other hand the gua number of a person is telling us which are the 4 good and the 4 bad directions of the person inside each section (bad or good).So in other word we should allocate the rooms according to house number and to orient ourselves or the furnitures according to our personal gua number.
Right or wrong?
Best regards
Luigi

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Luigi,
When we refer to Gua or (Kua), it usually refers only to the individual.
Therefore, the 4 good and 4 bad directions or sectors are based on the Gua no. of an indivdual or person.
For example, if a person's Gua is `East'; he/she or their best direction is EAST or an EAST house.
The 4 good and 4 bad direction or sectors therefore, only relate to a person's Gua.
In order to find out how suitable a house to a person, we need to find the direction of the main entrance.
Thus for example, if the main entrance is located at the EAST, there is a match between the person (his/her Gua) and the house.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/4/00 10:31:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil and Robert,
I need a little clarification.
As far I understood the gua
number of an house is telling
us which are the 4 good and
the 4 bad section of the house
(and they are applicable to
each individual). On the other
hand the gua number of a
person is telling us which are
the 4 good and the 4 bad
directions of the person
inside each section (bad or
good).So in other word we
should allocate the rooms
according to house number and
to orient ourselves or the
furnitures according to our
personal gua number.
Right or wrong?
Best regards
Luigi

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

in reading this answer; it is similar to my question. i am a west person. the house i am going to buy faces east. so do i arrange furniture, etc in the house according to my personal good directions and not what east would be?? also, eventually i will be using the back door, (which faces west), a lot more than the front door, so will this help? also, what would be good to put at or near etc the front door to help? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Dear Aj,
1. We should try to fit into the environment rather than letting the environment "fit into us."
2. Feng Shui is also about the `commonsense' approach i.e. placement of furniture should be logically feasible.
3. Shapes and Form FS is strongly based on `commonsense'.
4. The Eight House is just but one of the many concepts / theories behind FS.
5. By getting say, full marks for Eight House does not necesssary ensure that we can increase our `Earth Luck'.
6. When we look at each FS theory or concept, we should try to understand:
6.1 Its purpose and objective of its use.
6.2 Its strength and weakness
7. Under the Eight House Theory, we should not only be looking at the main door but also the sleeping locations of each family member.
8. The Eight House Theory is only about personal best directions. It is about the time spent at a location.
9. If one does not spent time at a specific location.
10. Therefore, it can be quite `dangerous' relying solely just one concept alone to assess the house.
11. In some of the earlier messages, the key success factor is an (ELUSIVE) house with Excellent FS that can accumulate wealth for the resident without even using other FS method.
Such, elusive houses will provide an instant Quantum Leap in Feng Shui. Here, one need not even struggle with FS yet, live and grow healthy and wealthly.
However, for most of us, we may only try to see if we can sweep and clean our house.
But since the house is subject to the external environment, take the case of or imagine that we took so much effort to beautiful house.
However, this house is at the centre of a slump. Sooner or later, the house would be exposed to Sha Qi, dusts, polluted smell etc... Furthermore, it may be pointless to keep valuables or `luxury' goods.
If one is away, the house may be burgled and earthly possessions get stolen. Sorry, for imaging too much. This is just what I feel about only looking inwards or being myopic.
This is why, I feel US is not as insular as it was prior to being `forced' to join the Second World War due to the damage done at Pearl Harbour.
As countries look outside their borders, Feng Shui is also about looking at the `bigger picture'.
Another issue is that it is the believe that there are so many types of LUCK. Feng Shui is only about one part of Earth Luck. Each FS concept, may help us to achieve some or if wrongly believed, give us very little of Earth luck.
It is the combination of our various LUCK, that could perhaps make the difference, for different individuals.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/12/00 1:22:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
in reading this answer; it is
similar to my question. i am a
west person. the house i am
going to buy faces east. so do
i arrange furniture, etc in
the house according to my
personal good directions and
not what east would be?? also,
eventually i will be using the