About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Wood cures/traditional feng shui

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Aj,
1. Usually, when I mention traditional Feng Shui, it is to differentiate Feng Shui from "Black Hat Sect".
2. I also understand that there are so many different interpretations of `Traditional Feng Shui' practises.
3. When I refer to `Traditional Feng Shui' practises these are often referred to at a macro level.
4. For example, the purpose of a theory or concept (even if the mechanics of applying may be different.). Such as Ba Zi is meant for personal self while Flying Star is on the birth chart of the house.
5. I also refer to the most common `cures' used is the metal element.
6. If one follows the above, these are at a macro level.
7. When it comes to say, whether to use a wind chime or grandfather clock or other metal cures, do note that these are more at the level of `micro Feng Shui'.
8. It is like the question you asked whether a wooden furniture can be used as a wood cure. Your question is at the micro level and subject to many many interpretations.
9. In this forum it is good to understand all issues and as mentioned earlier, in `Traditional' Feng Shui as discussed here is therefore based on more acceptable macro practises. I do not nor mentioned that one must follow only one practise here.
10. As *BTB* Feng Shui is very popular, usually, when I mentioned `Traditional' it is to differentiate " Traditional FS" with *BTB* practises.
10. On your question on my view of whether a wood furniture can be used as a cure:-
10.1 It is common for many Feng Shui practitioners instead to look at a person's element and for example, if the practitioner finds that the person `lacks' wood, they may advise the person to use more wood furniture in their home. It need not be at only a sector or corner of the house.
10.2 To me, usually, a "wooden" furniture e.g. a couch or living room seats do have cushions and materials that are comfortable to sit on.
Unless one goes out and buy an outdoor bench made entirely of wood.
10.3 Wood `cures' are less common than say the use of metal cures. It would be better, if plants are used as a `wood cure' rather than (to me) preferred than say using a piece of wooden furniture for a specific sector.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/6/00 1:57:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
i wish to know why you say
"traditional feng shui". it
seems there are so many
different interpretations, it
can be confusing. for
instance, i had read that you
should not use wood furniture
as a wood cure as it was dead
wood not live. what is your