About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Placing the bed

myfs_75526

Hi,
According to the charts, one of my good directions is west. I am trying to place my bed so the my head would face the west. However, by doing this, my feet would have to face the wall that is parallel with the doorway. I would like to know if this is bad even if the foot of the bed does not faces the door directly (the bed faces a wall which is 1 to 1.5 feet away from the door)
Further to this, there is also a protuding corner that aims at the bed (a poison arrow). To neutralize this, I was told to put plants at the corner but I would like to know if there is other items that would be just as effective?
Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Please see below:-

On 1/23/2002 11:58:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi,
According to the charts, one
of my good directions is west.
I am trying to place my bed so
the my head would face the
west. However, by doing this,
my feet would have to face the
wall that is parallel with the
doorway. I would like to know
if this is bad even if the
foot of the bed does not faces
the door directly (the bed
faces a wall which is 1 to 1.5
feet away from the door)
When applying the Eight House Theory, the guideline here is that 1st priority should be given to sleeping close to a good or if a good sector cannot be found a `better' sector.

Facing `West' is considered more a `nice-to-have'. It is nice to face West but priority must be given to say spending time at a good sector.
If your body and say the legs can be seen from the main door e.g. parallel to it; this is known as the `coffin' position. And considered inauspicious under Shapes and Form Feng Shui Shui.

Further to this, there is also
a protuding corner that aims
at the bed (a poison arrow).
To neutralize this, I was told
to put plants at the corner
but I would like to know if
there is other items that
would be just as effective?

If this is the bedroom ideally not to use plants especially life plants. As plants grown and they are considered `more yang' engergy. Which is not so good.
It also depends on how far this is this protusion. If the protusion is not aimed at any part of the body (on the bed) this is fine.
Some users here, have indicated novel ways to neutralise this e.g. on the basis that if it cannot be seen it no longer becomes a threat. If the sector is ok, some even use wind chimes. (But usually, this is inconsultation with a FS practitioner).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net