About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Which is the main entrance and locate its directio

myfs_77438

Dear Cecil:
Part 1: I mostly enter my house through the kitchen door that connects my garage (2 car garage attached to the house)and the kitchen. The house number is above the garage door, not the front door. I hardly use my front door at all. Question 1: Is the garage door my main entrance? (it faces West which is my best house direction). If not, then
Part 2: My front door faces the SouthWesst direction and that's the direction I always thought my front door faces until recently after I learned how to do spatial analysis using the eight house theory, according to which my front door sits in the South Sector (if I don't include the garage) or the SouthEast Sector (if I include the garage in the analysis). Question 2: Which direction does my front door face, southwest or south or southeast?
Sincerely and Totally Confusingly Yours,
Hoa Luong

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Hoa Luong,
1. You can confirm how you had taken your readings by comparing `notes' with the way the compass direction of the main door is taken under this link.
http://www.geomancy.net/resources/art/art-cecilcompass.htm
2. Please see below:-

On 1/27/2002 1:30:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil:
Part 1: I mostly enter my
house through the kitchen door
that connects my garage (2 car
garage attached to the
house)and the kitchen. The
house number is above the
garage door, not the front
door. I hardly use my front
door at all. Question 1: Is
the garage door my main
entrance? (it faces West which
is my best house direction).

Since, you need to reconfirm which direction of the main entrance door is best for you; you should take a reading to find out which door is better for you.
And by doing so; then we can look at whether how we can make the second entrance as the alternative to the main door.
As you had mentioned, puting up a hosue number on the door would symbollic of it being `changed' to the main door - provided it is a better door direction.

If not, then
Part 2: My front door faces
the SouthWesst direction and
that's the direction I always
thought my front door faces
until recently after I learned
how to do spatial analysis
using the eight house theory,
according to which my front
door sits in the South Sector
(if I don't include the
garage) or the SouthEast
Sector (if I include the
garage in the analysis).
Question 2: Which direction
does my front door face,
southwest or south or
southeast?

As mentioned, please follow the above link and use methods similar to what a surveyor would do. And with this methodology, you should have no problem finding the correct main entrance direction.
Feel free to attach a sketch of your layout plan (to the forum) if you want to confirm the center-point of your house. Especially if the house (may) have protrusions or missing corners.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Cecil,
Thank you very much for your speedy response.
Yes, I did use your compass method to locate the center and direction of the main entrance. I'm a female and my "gua" number is 7 which says my best main entrance is West direction (which my garage door faces). My "real" front door is EITHER in the Southeast sector "irritation" (if I take the garage into consideration when locating the house center, point B on the floor plan) OR in the South sector "spook" (if I exclude the garage when locating the house center, point A).
Question 1: Can I consider the garage door as my main entrance since it's the better direction for me and that's where I come in and out of my house most of the time and also where the house number is placed? Is there anything else I need to do to make it my main entrance?
Question 2: Attached are my building and my floor plans. Could you tell me which is my house center, A or B? Since I want to consider the garage door as my main entrance, should I include the garage in determining the center for my house?
Thank you very much. I think your website is the best of all the feng shui websites by the way.
Sincerely,
Hoa

• Staff

Dear Hoa Luong,
Please see below:-

On 1/28/2002 5:36:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
Thank you very much for your
speedy response.
Yes, I did use your compass
method to locate the center
and direction of the main
entrance. I'm a female and my
"gua" number is 7 which says
my best main entrance is West
direction (which my garage
door faces). My "real" front
door is EITHER in the
Southeast sector "irritation"
(if I take the garage into
consideration when locating
the house center, point B on
the floor plan) OR in the
South sector "spook" (if I
exclude the garage when
locating the house center,
point A).

Yes, it is easy to confirm that point A is considered the center-point of your house. (See attached confirmation sketch).

Question 1: Can I consider
the garage door as my main
entrance since it's the better
direction for me and that's
where I come in and out of my
house most of the time and
also where the house number is
placed? Is there anything
else I need to do to make it
my main entrance?

Since the house number is in place, there is really not much else to make it as the main entrance door.

Question 2: Attached are my
building and my floor plans.
Could you tell me which is my
house center, A or B? Since I
want to consider the garage
door as my main entrance,
should I include the garage in
determining the center for my
house?

As mentioned earlier, point A is the correct centrepoint. (and confirmed by the attached sketch - not available if one uses the mailing list option - must login to web forum).

Thank you very much. I think
your website is the best of
all the feng shui websites by
the way.

I am glad that you found Geomancy.net useful:)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Hi Cecil,
Now that I know where the center of my house. I have a few more questions:
1) Is the direction for my bedrooms related to the house center? Example, my master bedroom is located in the southwest sector of the house and my master bathroom is located in the south sector of the house. Can I assume that my master bedroom faces southwest and my master bathroom faces south?
2) The master bedroom is right above 1/3 portion of the garage. Is that bad and what's the cure?
3) The master bathroom's toilet is right above the front door (which sits in the South "spook" sector and my gua number is seven). I know this is bad, but what is the cure for this?
4) My prosperity sector is northwest and it's right in the middle of the 1/2 bath (downstairs) and 2nd full bath (upstairs). My finances seem going downhill lately. Besides closing the toilet doors, is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?
5) According to shape and form FS, the staircase should not be in the center of the house. Well, mine is right in the center of my house. What can I do to fix this? Relocate the stairs is out of question.
6) Outside, my front door directly faces a big tree. What should I do? I cannot cut the tree down because it's not mine.
7) Inside, my front door directly faces a big window. I have placed a big palm tree in front of the window. This area, by the way, is my living room (which is in the East "death" sector). I have a big BLACK lacquer screen made out of wood. Would this big BLACK lacquer screen be appropriate to place between the door and window? Also in this area is a big brick fireplace. Since wood (East sector) is in conflict with Brick (earth), what can I do to cure this if it is a problem?
8) last but not least, do you ever go to the USA for consultation?
Thank you very much in advance,
Hoa Luong