About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Hi Cecil,
I have recently bought a new HDB apartment. The renovation have been done and most of the furniture have been shifted in ( I have yet to shift in). After realising the importance of FS, I have sought advise from your "Paid Reports" for an auspicious date for the symbolic move in. My question is:
1) What time of the day should I conduct the symbolic move in. I have already have several ideal auspicious date from your services.
2) What do I do for the symbolic move in.
Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Please see below:-

On 3/1/2002 11:48:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
I have recently bought a new
HDB apartment. The renovation
have been done and most of the
furniture have been shifted in
( I have yet to shift in).
After realising the importance
of FS, I have sought advise
from your "Paid Reports" for
an auspicious date for the
symbolic move in. My question
is:
1) What time of the day should
I conduct the symbolic move
in. I have already have
several ideal auspicious date
from your services.

Please e-mail me personally at support@geomancy.net so that I can advise you on a suitable time specific to you.

2) What do I do for the
symbolic move in.

For a symbolic move I will list out the usual items. However, it depends on yourself i.e. whether u want to use some or all of the items below:-
Prior to the day of the symbolic move:-
1. Purchase of 1 packet sugar, 1 packet rice (5 kg) will do and 1 packet of salt.
2. Purchase of a pineapple (with flower on it). Pineapple in Hokkien means " Ong " or prosper.
3. Purchase 1 " Huat Quay ". For prosperity.
4. Optional: purchase of a charcoal stove and charcoal (wrapped in red paper). The charcoal represents good.
5. On the day of the symbolic move:-
5.1 Open the main entrance door and roll in the pineapple into the middle of the house.
5.2 Optional:
Either - burn the coal red hot and bring this with a tong to the kitchen stove to heat it red hot.
Or symbolically bring in the stove with the charcoal wrapped in red paper. Traditionally, the stove is heated with the coal at the centre-point of the house.
6. Once you come into the house, bring in all the items e.g. packet of salt, sugar and rice.
7. Turn on all the lights in the house.
8. If one is not burning coal at the stove. Then one should boil water to `warm the kitchen'.
9. If one is staying at the house, one can turn off all the lights except the balcony light. Leave it on for the night.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Further to what I mentioned earlier, red packet is also placed. Please see below:-
In addition to the above, if you have the time, go to the conference called " Chinese Culture (General) and look for this message:-
(Or do a SEARCH e.g. `usher')
There are some pictures that you can look at.
--- Same of message posted ---
Topic: Some items used to `usher' into a new home (1 of 1), Read 17 times, 4 File Attachments
Conf: Chinese Culture (General)
Date: Sunday, July 30, 2000 08:21 AM
This pictures shows some items that are brought into a new house:
1. Usually, an auspicious date (and time) is chosen.
2. On the auspicious day and time, the owner of the home brings some auspicious items into the home:
2.1 A packet of salt, rice and sugar.
2.2 Some of the items shown in the picture are:
- A red charcoal stove
- A red container containing coal (representing gold)
- A `huat' quay or self-raising cake (symbolic of a `raise')
- For the Hokkien (Chinese dialect group), a pineapple is rolled from the main entrance door into the house. A `pineapple' represent luck.
- Some sweets etc...
Take a look at the picture
Besides the above, water is boiled immediately after entering the home and all lights in the home are turned on.
A picture of the kitchen, where water is boiled. Red packets are also placed e.g. on the kitchen stove and in each rooms. Usually the money should be even numbers. For example, it can be 6 cents. For the Hokkien, 6 sounds like luck. For the Cantonese, they may use 8 cents for luck.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
PS. Less any pictures shown here. Goto the specific conference with this message to view all the picture attachments.
--- End of previous message ---