About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Candle placement

myfs_79343

Dear Cecil,
I am basically a candle craze and we live by candle light at home. We use them everywhere in the living hall, dinning area, bedroom and toilets every day.
I read something about candle placement today in a book that says " use with care in the south and to support the west."
I would like to know the impact of this with reference to my usage at home. What are other considerations for us living by candle light? Do we have to look at say the yearly star??? South is my living hall and west is my kitchen. I am weak earth. Should I discontinue using candle in south???
Regards,
WB

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. In my opinion, you must have picked up the tip from a book written with `sector Feng Shui'.
2. From what I can see, in normal situations, there is relatively no issue or problem with regards to the placement of candles in your living hall or kitchen.
3. In my opinion also, real fire is more `unusual' than any of the other 4 elements e.g. water, wood, metal and earth. In that candles relate more to Yang energy - enhancement of Qi rather than `sha qi'.
4. I believe, some FS practitioners (if they are practising Flying Star (Xuan Kong Fei Xing) may be worried about this. Since, under the Five elements concept, fire produces earth. And because #5 (misfortune, sickness) and #2 (sickness) are both born of the earth element.
5. But in my opinion, real fire, produces heat, which more towards, enhancing Qi than adding `fire' to earth. Therefore, I tend to look at fire (candle fire) as more towards the higher level of Feng Shui i.e. Yin and Yang concept over the Five elements concept unless you intend to start a bon fire at home!
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 5/20/2002 11:19:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
I am basically a candle craze
and we live by candle light at
home. We use them everywhere
in the living hall, dinning
area, bedroom and toilets
every day.
I read something about candle
placement today in a book that