About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Are stray cats bad luck?

myfs_77438

Dear Cecil,
Within the last two weeks, there have been two stray cats that come nightly and early morning to my gas station begging for food. I've been feeding them because I felt sorry for them. But my cashier told me that the stray cats brings bad luck. What does Feng shui say about stray cats?
Thank you very much as always,
hoa

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Hoa Luong,
1. Under Feng Shui, for a cashier's counter, for the finance / accounting, it is best not to have a mirror behind this counter. Nor it is advisable to place it on either side or both sides of the cashier.
2. Frankly, cats are all living beings. Imagine, if we were born as these two cats. No matter what animal, I believe, they also have feelings, nerves for pain etc....
3. If the cats are kept as pets, so far, the only issue found was some people or even children may be allergic to it. Most pets kept by people, are often bathed etc...
4. I know most stray cats also try to lick themselves clean. But, personally feeding them may not be a good idea. Even in the zoo's we were told not to feed the animals.
There is really no issue, but what happens if it becomes a habit and you are unable to feed them one day? They end up becoming too dependent on you.
It is best, therefore, to decide whether:
1. to report to SPCA to see if they are willing to catch and bring them away. Or
2. decide if you really want to keep one or two of them or not. If you are undecided, then go for option 1.
3. Frankly, Feng Shui is not a cure all. Under Authentic Feng Shui, there is no reference to dogs or cats.
4. The only thing is that movement may increase yang energy or moving animals, give off a certain level of their own qi.
5. I know that some people also had written books on Feng Shui for animals. But in my opinion, no Chinese prominent Feng Shui Master had ever written such a book. Since, this is unheard of, and imagine that this can easily spoil their personal reputation.
6. For those who believe in spirits or ghosts; dogs do sometimes whine or bark, when confronted with such an activity.
7. Perhaps, SPCA is a more practical answer as opposed to Feng Shui.
8. In another example, if one cannot conceive today, the best hope is on the most proven method i.e. advancement in medical science and less emphasis should be placed on beliefs and taboos.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/5/2003 3:00:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
Within the last two weeks,
there have been two stray cats
that come nightly and early
morning to my gas station
begging for food. I've been
feeding them because I felt
sorry for them. But my
cashier told me that the stray