About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Clear Space In The Center?

myfs_88310

Dear Master Cecil:
I do not quite understand "clear space in the center". Do you mean that it should be open space in the "center grid" of the house? Or it should be open space at the center point of the house?
There are walls in the center grid of my house. Do walls block qi from congregating?
Do I have to move all furnitures that are placed within the center grid of the house?
Regards,
Jen

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Jen,
Let's take alook at commonsense approach to Feng Shui.
Often, the most convenient place to walk in and out of various rooms is a passage-way. Here, imagine a passage way (or clear space at the centrepoint of the home).
In better Feng Shui homes, this corridor or area is the `flux' or centrepoint of a home.
A low set of sofa furniture is still ok, since, it represents clear space i.e. nothing at this `centrepoint' that is as high as a wall.
Please note that it does not necessary mean that all homes must have clear space here. It depends.
What is not so favourable are locations like: a toilet / toilet bowl and a kitchen's stove etc...
Under commonsense approach to Feng Shui, as I mentioned above, the most practical way to walk between rooms is still this middle area or often - it is a passage way. Here, such `clear' space is good especially if one has windows on each side of the home. Qi or air can flow or meander and mix freely `crossing' thru this centrepoint.
Also depending on low or high pressure e.g. often winds come from various directions depending on day or night. In geography, we often learn that the sun heats up the land in the day / sea and vice versa. And this causes high/low pressure points at various times of the day. For some homes, wind may come from e.g. south while at night it may come from the north etc... And it is advantages for the centrepoint of the home to have clear space.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 6/25/2003 3:47:17 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master Cecil:
I do not quite understand
"clear space in the center".
Do you mean that it should be
open space in the "center
grid" of the house? Or it
should be open space at the
center point of the house?
There are walls in the center