About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Art of Mountains

myfs_75526

Dear Cecil,
I would like to seek your advice on placing a mountain art in the living room. While I understand that it is best to place them behind a person in the office but I was thinking to place one at home as a decorative item apart from feng shui purposes. Is any specific directions or areas that I should avoid? Or is it better to place it in the study room instead?
Thanks in advance.
Regards and Happy New Year!
Joe

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Joe,
Gong Xi Fa Cai! (Mandarin)
(Kong Si Huat Chai! - Hokkien)
From a Shapes and Forms Feng Shui perspective:
1. Mountain with water painting
===============================
If the painting has a "mountain, water image" e.g. a flowing water running down from a stream, then, often, some Chinese homes would place it next to the main door.
Therefore, when one opens the main door, the painting e.g. on the side of the wall would allow "water" (symbolic) of wealth to flow into the home. But make sure that this type of painting is not placed on a wall facing a balcony or window. As wealth may inadvertenly flow out.
2. Purely Mountain painting (Or painting with birds flying)
This painting should be placed against a "solid backing" e.g. a wall or if in the study room wall.
3. Under Flying Star Feng Shui
==============================
3.1 Under one's home Flying Star chart, locate:
1. the #8 Mountain star.
2. the base = #8
3. the yearly chart = #8
After this, from a shapes and forms perspective see if the site can reasonably "sustain" or let this painting be placed there.
BASE STAR = #8
==============
For example, under Para 2, for most homes, born or constructed under Period 8, the base #8 is at the centrepoint of the home. Thus, unless, one has to "Lockup the mountain star", here, than, the painting may not be suited at the centrepoint area.
For houses born or constructed under period 7 or 8, the base star can be at any other location (depending on the flying star chart). If the location is appropriate, then the painting can be placed here.
WHERE Mountain Star (MS) = #8
=============================
If one has only ONE mountain painting, than better to place it at the location where Mountain Star MS = #8 (again, if the location is appropriate for the mountain star).
Under Period 8, this is a very auspicious Mountain Star location. So, this is the "first choice" location.
Where Yearly star = #8
======================
This location will change every Lunar Year. So, it is best to determine whether the next period is appropriate before Lunar 2005.
What about Home = a CAVE
========================
If one lives in a cave, no need to activate the mountain star. Please pray that the cave does not cave-in will do.
Hopes the above helps:)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/18/2004 7:30:49 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
I would like to seek your
advice on placing a mountain
art in the living room. While
I understand that it is best
to place them behind a person
in the office but I was
thinking to place one at home