About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Wu Lou

myfs_100352

Dear Master Cecil,
My husband and I has Kua No. 6 & 5 respectively. We have a small toilet at the northwest sector on both floors. I always keep the toilet bowl cover and door close. My friend told me to tight a dry wu lou with its mouth facing down at the pipe between the toilet bowl and water tank to prevent our luck being flush down. Will this help? or there are other method. Your advice is much appreciated.
TQ & Regards,
Fiona

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Fiona,
Yes, in some of the past illustrations (graphics) in this forum, the Hulu or bottle gourd is often used as a "cure" in Feng Shui.
For example, for those who have read or seen series on the Journey to the West; or other Chinese fairy tale classics, a deity uses this bottle gourd to "suck" in bad elements into it.
Much like the show: " I dream of genie ", popular in the 1970's where the genie lives in a bottle.
The bottle gourd or Hulu, is thus often recommended to be placed between the toilet bowl and the wall to the bedroom.
In addition, an alternative to using metal as a cure, the bottle gourd is sometimes placed inside a bedroom or hung above a bed, where there is a #5 or #2 (sickness) star.
Here, the symbolic idea is to suck in sickness. Here, this cure is best used in confined spaces - where it is very impractical to place a windchime.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 2/12/2004 5:25:04 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master Cecil,
My husband and I has Kua No. 6
& 5 respectively. We have a
small toilet at the northwest
sector on both floors. I
always keep the toilet bowl
cover and door close. My
friend told me to tight a dry
wu lou with its mouth facing