About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Generally Speaking, Is it Sitting or Facing ?

myfs_104106

Hi.Very Happy Generally speaking, if a piece of land upon which a house sits slopes from the front of the house to the back of the house enough that the house has a basement that is only visable from the back, would you say that it is probable that the front of the house is the facing or sitting side?

I realise that there may be exceptions and many other factors to consider,but if you would answer this question from merely a general perspective, I would be most appreciative.

Thank you.

O. Sullivan

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Actually, in my opinion, it depends.

This is because, in Feng Shui, we often see homes on a hill. The advise here is that homes should not be on extremely steep hill side.

Often a gentler slop is preferred. In such a situation, we can imagine your question. Here, for some homes on a slope, we do notice that the opposite is true! The back of the house is higher than the front.

Usually, in my opinion, it has more to do with the "design" of the home.

The reason why it is very important under Flying Star Feng Shui to find out where is the facing and sitting direction, has to do with : How best we can tap beneificial qi into the home.

In a few of my recent write-ups in the forum, I mentioned that facing direction is often considered as the "mouth" of the home.

So it does not really matter - general or not. For example, if the basement is at the back (visible) or not, then, often, this area is not an area of activity. Thus, most likely, is the sitting position.

But say, if one, has a lovely patio, and perhaps, the configuration of the entire house is geared to make full use of this "sloping" side for especially living / activity area / bedroom balcony, windows over looking this area i.e. we spent more at this part of the home (overlooking the view there) then, most likely, this side (the current basement) side may thus become our facing direction.

Therefore, what I feel is that, we humans with planning or if we had already purchased a home planned in such a manner, we may have to determine the "mouth" of the home, based on some of these considerations. It is like the saying that the facing direction could be the location where "most light" i..e. most windows or openings are.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 6/22/2004 6:10:35 PM, Anonymous wrote:

Hi. Generally speaking,

if a piece of land upon which

a house sits slopes from the

front of the house to the back

of the house enough that the

house has a basement that is

only visable from the back,

would you say that it is

probable that the front of the

house is the facing or sitting

side?

I realise that there may be

exceptions and many other

factors to consider,but

if you would answer this

question from merely a general

perspective, I would be most

appreciative.

Thank you.

O. Sullivan

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 19 years later...
  • Staff

An In-depth understanding of the Frontage of a home. Is it always the main door? Who are the Conservatives & the Modernist. What lead to the Conservatives use of the Main Door only?

1. Who are the Conservatives and the Modernists?
2. An in-depth understanding of why the Conservatives has misunderstood the knowledge passed down by the ancients.

For High Rise Compass Reading should be taken from the living room looking out of it. For eg. towards the living room windows or its balcony (if applicable)