About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Generally Speaking....Is it Sitting or Facing?

myfs_104106

Thank you for replying. Your answer satisifed me and has given me more understanding. It also raised another question in my mind.

You mentioned that activity and sunlight can play a part in determining sitting and facing. I can think of an example where the activity and sunlight were actually on one of the sides of the house.....front door (and house) are facing West and there is a road sloping from the right side of the house to the left if you are looking at thefront door. But as you approach the house from the upper portion of the road, you see the Southwest/South/Southeast side BEFORE you see the front of the house. It is the sunny side; the kitchen, dining and office are located on that side where there is much activity; and there is a side door leading into the kitchen from the driveway where cars are parked. Would the Southwest/South/Southeast sunny side with most activity be the "mouth" of the house even though it is not what would be considered the "front" of the house? If there had not been a side door there, would the SW/S/SE side be or not be the "mouth" of the house?

Thank you.

O. Sullivan

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Sullivan,

Apologies; what I was talking about has more to do with "openings" in a home that e.g. allow light to filter into it.

Therefore, the idea is that, for example, if one side of the home is littered with lots of windows, doors, balcony, patio or sliding doors; therefore, it implies that with so many openings, there is a higher probability that this side is the facing direction.

Although, a side where there is higher intensity could SEEM to be the facing side. But, often, this is not the main consideration.

For example, for a bungalow that has four sides, and if the facing direction is North-South facing (e.g North - facing and South - sitting), just because of the intensity of sunlight coming from east or west, this does not imply that East-West sides are or should be the facing direction.

the house. It is the

sunny side; the kitchen,

dining and office are located

on that side where there is

Thus, the "sunny" side should not be automatically taken as the facing direction or facing-sitting direction. Or else, we could wrongly or mistakenly say that " for all homes and offices or buildings - East or West are the facing side.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 6/23/2004 7:07:01 PM, Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for replying.

Your answer satisifed me and

has given me more

understanding. It also

raised another question in my

mind.

You mentioned that activity

and sunlight can play a part

in determining sitting and