About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

fireplace in NE sector

myfs_105385

Dear Masters Robert/Cecil Lee:

Thank you very muchfor your speedy response. My townhouse had the entire roof replaced and the outside walls repainted by the Home Owners Association in 2001 so it would be qualified forP7.

The NE sector of my house is my living room where I spend a lot of time after work to relax (reading, watching the news, a movieetc...). It also has abig brick fireplace. The flying star chart for it is 7 (ms),1 (base),7 (ws), 8 (yearly). Since it has a double 7 in P7 with a good base star 1 so I consider the sector is a good sector. I'm concerned about the fireplace here since fire destroys metal, so is theauspiciousness of double 7s destroyed by the fireplace? If so, what can I do to preserve the double 7s since I spend a lot of time here?

With great respect,

AC

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear AC,

Although 7's are good under Period 7 i.e. 1984 to 2003; in 2004, it happens now to be the "past prosperity" or "gone prosperity".

It is OK to have a fire-place at this sector. Since under the destructive cycle of the five elements:-

http://www.geomancy.net/resources/theories/fs-5element.htm

Fire is used to control Metal (where #7 belongs to the weak metal element).

Therefore, a fire-place here is in-fact a blessing in disguise.

In addition, since the year star is #8, for this current period #8 is the current prosperity. And is associated with the earth element.

A fire-place (fire) can further help fuel #8 auspicious earth element.

Thus, again, it flows well with the sector.

Warmest Regards,

Cecil

On 8/13/2004 7:55:41 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear Masters Robert/Cecil Lee:

Thank you very muchfor

your speedy response. My

townhouse had the entire roof

replaced and the outside walls

repainted by the Home Owners

Association in 2001 so it

would be qualified

forP7.

The NE sector of my house is

my living room where I spend a

lot of time after work to

relax (reading, watching the

news, a

movieetc...). It

also has abig brick

fireplace. The flying

star chart for it is 7

(ms),1 (base),7

(ws), 8 (yearly). Since

it has a double 7 in P7 with a

good base star 1 so I consider

the sector is a good

sector. I'm concerned

about the fireplace here since

fire destroys metal, so is

theauspiciousness of

double 7s destroyed by the

fireplace? If so, what

can I do to preserve the

double 7s since I spend a lot

of time here?

With great respect,

AC

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned, often, a good Feng Shui practitioner will often use "water element" instead of fire element (if given the choice to neutralise e.g. a #7 under Period 8 Feng Shui.)

As we have already known: #7 = weak metal element.

And under the productive cycle of the 5 elements concept, water helps to draw out "metal" or helps to reduce or neutralise it.

Although the fire element can be used to "control" #7 or weak metal, under certain circumstances, it may not always be the best choice.

This is because, we should not forget that there are #5 and #2 both bad earth elements "floating" around the time dimension.

In a worst case senario where in the event that this same sector, or at this same sector, #5 or #2 or a combination of them flies into this sector, fire, may futher fuel bad earth -- inflaming it or making it worse.

Wherelse, a water cure is a better solution. Even if #5 or #2 flies to this sector, water which neutralises #7 can also easily drown #5 or #2 earth element or draw it out.

If we are to apply the five elements concept effectively, we should try to understand both productive and destructive cycles and their implications on each other.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil