About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Bed direction vs. 'commanding' bed placement

myfs_106529

Dear master Lee:

For our Kuas 8 and 7, we plan to place our bed (headboard) against the West NW wall of our bedroom. Recent discussion with aBlack hat "foo" shui advocate, I was told of all the omens to come, because our bed would not be against the East wall (meaning the opposite direction recommended for our Kuas) so that it could be opposite to the wall where the bedroom door is (West)This she called the "commanding" position of the bed.She also pointed that my Kua, and Starsin that sectorwere not as important.... Well, did that discussion make me wonder!?. I stick to classical Fengshui, but have you found any validity in these "contradicting" and confusing opinions?.

Thanks again

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Seco,

Though Eight House suitability and bed placement are important, but even more important is actually the shapes and form placement of the bed within the bedroom itself. Often, the shapes and form principles will have higher priority than, Eight House.

So generally we try to follow this room:-

1. The bedroom sector within the house itself should if possible fall under any of the 4 better eight house sector.

2. Bed placement within the room should first suit the shapes and form, ie a solid wall behind where you can see the door and window.

3. Only if possible under the shapes and form arrangement, such as to place the bed North or East facing, only then can you make use of the Eight House again to see which direction is better.

4. Finally, choosing where one person should sleep on the right or left. You use the eight house to try to sleep closer to the direction which is better for you and let your partner shield you from the less auspicious direction.

It is never advisable to solely use one principle and ignore the rest. Each feng shui theory and concept has a specific use. Knowing when to use what is important. But if you generally folllow the above rules, you should do just fine.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

On 12/6/2004 9:37:19 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear master Lee:

For our Kuas 8 and 7, we plan

to place our bed (headboard)

against the West NW wall of

our bedroom. Recent discussion

with aBlack hat "foo"

shui advocate, I was told of