About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Wealth vase

myfs_100950

Dear Master Cecil Lee

Q1. Would like to know what is the wealth vase? My friend told me that to keep the wealth vase we have to put some soild, photo of rich man, rich man house in the wealth vase. Is there such a fairy tale or is is true. What are the purpose?

Q2. In one of yourforum, I readif I'm not mistaken the gourd (light brown colour) placed in between the toilet bowland the toilet wall is to prevent the drainage of the wealth. Can we use oneplace at themain door or window and the other in the toilet.Can one use more than one gourd.

Thank you.

With warmest regards

Sophia Chia

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Sophia,

Please see below:-

On 1/18/2005 2:29:01 PM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear Master Cecil Lee

Q1. Would like to know what is

the wealth vase? My friend

told me that to keep the

wealth vase we have to put

some soild, photo of rich man,

rich man house in the wealth

vase. Is there such a fairy

tale or is is true. What are

the purpose?

Frankly, there is really no single or specific "wealth vase".

This is akin to the notion that the Holy grail or a cup that when we drink water from can give us eternal life. Much like one of the Indiana Jones type of episode.

It is the belief that if one displays decorative objects (note: call them whatever one wants "wealth vase ...." etc... But really, these are only objects made by ordinary man!

One of the beliefs is that if one keeps such objects, it is best always to cover the top and not let the vase be "empty". Some would place another smaller covered container to cover this "mouth" of the vase, while others could simply cover it fully with a cut-out cardboard, styrofoam etc....

In Singapore, we read of magic "stones" that can cure cancer etc... This is where such people prey older folks -- into parting with their savings!

Therefore, all of us should not have the "foolish" notion that there is really such thing as a "wealth vase".

The near equivalent are true "blooded" ancient antiques that have good "wealth value". For example, early century Ming pocerlain vase, plates etc... These are truly "rich-man's" collections. That may range from a few thousand dollars to even a few million dollars!

Other than this, without proper authentication, there are many FAKES circulating around!

Q2. In one of

yourforum, I

readif I'm not

mistaken the gourd (light

brown colour) placed in

between the toilet

bowland the toilet wall

is to prevent the drainage of

the wealth. Can we use

oneplace at

themain door or window

and the other in the

toilet.Can one use more

than one gourd.

ManyFeng Shui practitioners offer this as a "cure".

For example, in the tale....if we see the series or episodes of " Journey to the West".... The monkey god was subdued by another god holding a hulu or gourd.

This is where one of the gods, removed the cap to the gourd and point the empty vessel towards the "villian" and sucks him/her into it.

Perhaps, illustrations such as this could be the originator for such ause in Feng Shui today.

Many Feng Shui practitioners advise the use of it:-

1. Straight path of qi (leak)

In many of those 3-room HDB type of flats, some made renovations suchthat when they open their living roomwindows, there is a straight path of air from this window, past thru the open dining room/kitchen door and out thru the service / kitchen windows.

Some Chinese, would therefore hang a hulu or bottle gourd at the dining/kitchen entrance. For the above purpose.

2. Sickness star

Especially manyHong Kong Feng Shui practitioners may advise their clients to placeor hang a hulu on the bed post. This is to "suck" away sickness stars #2 or #5. Or one of the alternative cures toconstant sickness.

3. Placed at toilets

As one can see, it is the same principle or "belief".

In conclusion, one can see that the above three points are the most commonly applied area for the use of the hulu or bottle gourd.

Often, in the past, many would buy ready made wood-dried-hollow type with a cover on it i.e. when it is new, it is green. But, when it is "old" it turns into a beautiful "light" wood color.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net