About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Metal / Glass desktop.

myfs_106529

Dear R. and C. Lee:

Thanks for you excellent inputs.

Regarding business, my home office could have a metallic framed desk, with glass top and shelves. Is this a negative point, when compared to wood desks. In addition, the sector for my office will require metal, plants and a chiming clock to neutralize the annual #5. I thought a metallic desk frame could help and look good. Can you give me your advise? Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear J Seco,

There are two points to consider, here:-

1. Introducing metal cures does not actually mean that our office furniture in particular, the one we use should be clad in metal or glass.

2. Commonsense approach

Often, the best furnitures of wood are preferred simply because it has low conductivity of "cold".

It is similar to the idea that for many Chinese, they prefer to use wood panels or parquet (wood) flooring in thebedrooms. This is because, floor tiles such as ceramic, marbel, terazzo, granite, homogenous titles etc are cold to the touch. Andwhen a person wakes up,it issaid that stepping onto a wooden floor panel is preferred as it is neithercold or hot.

For many of us,nowadays, we have akeyboard on the table and most of the time our wrist and arms rest onto the table top.In an air-con environment,placing our arms onto glass top may mean colder feeling. Thus wood (low conductivity) is often preferred.

Generally, if one does not mind a "cold-to-touch" glass / metal clad table, this is fine. It is really no harm in having this type of furniture if one wants to get-a-go buying it. But it does help to add a little more metal into the home.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 2/7/2005 5:40:08 PM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear R. and C. Lee:

Thanks for you excellent

inputs.

Regarding business, my home

office could have a metallic

framed desk, with glass top

and shelves. Is this a

negative point, when compared

to wood desks. In addition,