About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Age celebration

myfs_100950

SmileHi Robert Lee

I would like to know the age to celebrate for a birthday. Lately, we intend to celebrate my sister's birthday who will turn to 58 years old. But my sister-in-law's told me that for the woman to celebrate her birthday60 years old isthe best age. For a man 65 years old andhe has to wear a special clothing. I have'nt come across such things or neither do I hear that.Is it's atraditional or supertitious belief. As we are a modern traditional family it's hard to ask my sister's to cancel her birthday celebration unless there's a reason. Please give your advice orcan anyone tell me.Crying or Very sad

Thank you

With warmest regards

Sophia Chia

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Hi Sophia,

Sophia Chia wrote:
I would like to know the age to celebrate for a birthday. Lately, we intend to celebrate my sister's birthday who will turn to 58 years old. But my sister-in-law's told me that for the woman to celebrate her birthday60 years old isthe best age. For a man 65 years old andhe has to wear a special clothing. I have'nt come across such things or neither do I hear that.Is it's atraditional or supertitious belief. As we are a modern traditional family it's hard to ask my sister's to cancel her birthday celebration unless there's a reason. Please give your advice orcan anyone tell me.Crying or Very sad

I personally find that all these are chinese traditions. Chinese birthday is always counted one year older. Sometimes it can be two years depending on whether it falls on a lunar birthday.

Personally, I think the more important dates that most people celebrate are like 60, 70, 80, 90 years. These are meaning full age that most people will celebrate.

I am personally did not come across any material about this special clothings. Probably there might be. As you know even for Chinese, there are so many dialect groups, each with their own traditions and beliefs. I think since your sister-in-law is so certain, no harm to follow it. This is really entirely up to individual family and how they wish to celebrate it.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research