About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Correct naming of sitting and facing

unknown

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Hi Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
I attach a rough sketch of a house with the living room facing north. Is this still considered a sit-south and face-north house although the main door is not in the centre?

I frankly, want to avoid using the term Sitting and Facing together as it can be very confusing if the term is not defined properly.

When we talk about faicng west, we mean from center looking towards that direction (ie. west). Just like the compass direction.

I will need you to check whether it is an apartment (2nd-7th level) or 8th levels and higher, first. Since there has been many many confusion about this direction, we have recently made some more clearer defination for all users to follow:-

If the apartment is between 2nd-7th level, then you should consider the main door it Facing South.

If the apartment is 8th level and up, then you should consider the living room Facing North.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
If the apartment is on the 2nd floor, so it will still be considered as facing south even though the main door falls, let's say, in the south-west sector of the house. Am I right?

Yes, that means your home will be facing south. This will be taking the facing of the house based on flying star which allows you to extend the macro flying star scope to even the surrounding area of the house.

Taking the main door from the South-West sector from the center of the house is also acceptable but that will be more micro feng shui that applies to the house only within the structure of the house.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for applied Feng Shui Research