About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Mirror at dinning hall

myfs_100950

Dear Robert

As I just read from one of the forum(Feng Shui Tips and Guidelines) regarding the mirror is not adviceable to place at the dinning hall.

It's strike me all of the sudden, that one of my relative place alarge mirror at the dinning table facing the altar table. As one believe that it's give doubling.The kidsbelieved feng shui in buyingitems to their home. It's seem there is cluttersafter not in use. As theyattend Lillian Too's talked once and I did advice the kids in certains items is best to buy or to their likingand fromthe day I donot want to interfer.

Here,I would like to know as self experience is a large mirror auspiciousto placeat the dinning hall and facing opposite the alter table. Would like to know from your view of point.

Thank you

With warmest regards

Sophia ChiaCool

• 4 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Quote:

Sophia Chia wrote:
It's strike me all of the sudden, that one of my relative place alarge mirror at the dinning table facing the altar table. As one believe that it's give doubling.The kidsbelieved feng shui in buyingitems to their home. It's seem there is cluttersafter not in use. As theyattend Lillian Too's talked once and I did advice the kids in certains items is best to buy or to their likingand fromthe day I donot want to interfer.

Yes, it is not advisable to see a reflection of an altar in a mirror.

Normally, it is a common Cantonese dialect group's perception that it is good to have a mirror at the dining area as it can "double" wealth / food on the table.

For mirrors, it is best not to use a two piece mirror as it is symbolic of a split or separation. The rationale for contractors to do so is that often for an apartment, they simply push the mirrors for installation into the lifts (rather than manually bringing it up the stairs). Because of the limited size of the lift, often, a one piece mirror cannot go in thus the two pieces. If two pieces of mirrors are to be used, then it is best to go for three pieces instead of two.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net