About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Southeast vs Southwest

myfs_114071

Dear Cecil Lee Designing our new house, I got intersted in FS and in your www. From your 8 House Chart I found, that a SE House is best for me, while for my wife it should be a SW house. Studing these 2 Charts I found, that my wife and I do have not a common sector - even worse these 2 types are totaly opposite (Where she has her optimum main door, I have spook and vice versa) - and the same again is true for the bedroom. Should we live in the same house at all? regards Marc Berthoud

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Marc Berthoud,

marc berthoud wrote:
Dear Cecil Lee Designing our new house, I got intersted in FS and in your www. From your 8 House Chart I found, that a SE House is best for me, while for my wife it should be a SW house. Studing these 2 Charts I found, that my wife and I do have not a common sector - even worse these 2 types are totaly opposite (Where she has her optimum main door, I have spook and vice versa) - and the same again is true for the bedroom. Should we live in the same house at all? regards Marc Berthoud

Basically, this is a very common problem for most people. But not to worry, just follow these steps:-

1. Breadwinner should have a house facing that suits him. At the same time if possible, it should not fall under the death or disaster sector for the spouse. It is ok if the house is spook or irritation for the spouse.

2. Spouse should be given a more suitable bedroom since the breadwinner has the luck from the suitable house. The breadwinner should then take a less suitable bedroom, ie spook or irritation. This way the spouse can get a more suitable bedroom to compensate for her getting less luck from the house.

If you follow this method, you should be able to find a suitable house even if both person's chart is completely opposite.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Nowadays in HDB flats we do not have much choice as where to place the master bedroom.

What if the house facing is good for the husband and the more suitable bedroom is given to the wife, but the more suitable position is at the same time death to the husband?

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
How about if the facing falls under the disaster/death sector for children? Does it matter much?

You see you should focus the house suitability to suit the key breadwinner. Once the house suits the breadwinner, the rest of the family will enjoy luck from it since that breadwinner will provide for the entire family.

Since most of the time the breadwinner is defined as the head of the house often the husband. Thus the spouse is the next key person in the family. As such, it would be great also if the spouse facing of the house does not fall under the death and disaster. But this is only good to have. Not necessary. As long as the spouse has a suitable bedroom, then even if the house isn't that suitable it does not matter.

Once the breadwinner has the best house facing direction. The rest of the family should ensure that they have a suitable room that they will draw luck from their bedroom. They will automatically benefit from the breadwinner who draw luck from the house.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
Nowadays in HDB flats we do not have much choice as where to place the master bedroom.

Anonymous wrote:
What if the house facing is good for the husband and the more suitable bedroom is given to the wife, but the more suitable position is at the same time death to the husband?

Wherever possible if you should avoid death and disaster for key facing direction and bedroom. But where it is not possible, then at least the breadwinner has luck from the house, so even if he takes a less suitable bedroom like death or disaster, still acceptable.

But what it does tell is that this house isn't the most well suited house for the breadwinner. Thus, it is always important that before you purchase a home, you try to ensure that such an issue does not arise.

Anyway, as long as your husband continue to improve or get luck from other favourable elements in the ba zi (ie weak wood person needs water and wood). Thus, have more favourable colours (blue/black/gray or green/brown), or more suitable career etc. These will help offset any influence even if he stays in a sector that is death or disaster.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
Just another query, what if the breadwinner do not have the facing of the house andthe bedroom isin the death position. What can they do?

This would mean that the house is generally not very suitable to the breadwinner. Unfortunately, suitability to a house is one thing that you cannot really correct after you move in. You either can enjoy maximum amount of luck from the house if it suits you or, enjoy less if it does not suit you.

Another thing you can check is the ba zi element and direction. If the bedroom is death sector under the eight house, but the direction of the room is still favourable to your ba zi, then it is not as bad. It is even worst if the ba zi direction of the sector is bad as well as your eight house suitability.

If the main door is disaster facing with a death sector bedroom and the ba zi direction also not suitable, than my advise in the long run is to move out to a better house so as to be able to enjoy better luck. In the short term solution, correcting/enhancing all other areas can only minimise the overall impact and get you some improvement. However, you will not be able to enjoy a quantum leap in feng shui in such a situation. The long term solution unfortunately is to move out to a more suitable home to enjoy a quantum leap in feng shui.

If your house facing is spook or irritation, or if your ba zi direction for the main door or bedroom is still favourable. Then it will help offset the influence. Either way, the thing you can do to at least improve overall feng shui is like what I mentioned above, attempt to fix all other feng shui leaks and enhance whatever possible (ie colour scheme, etc). These will help improve or reduce the overall unsuitability.

This is why choosing a good home before you buy the home is very important. Such suitability issues is hard to correct once you own the home. Unless of course there is alternative bedroom to make use but often these is impractical due to space constraint.

Hope thathelps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee