About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Beam

myfs_100950

Dear Robert Lee

I sincerely would like to thank you very much for the quick respond. As each time sending mail to you, I learned and gain knowledge from you. Thanks.

Well, regarding the beam.As read from the forum but yet need your advice as there no optionthat I can place the study table. Beside placing the study tablebelow the beamthe other option is to place opposite the wall but then the study room door facing opposite the toilet door. Should I cover the beam and place the six coins or should I take the other option. Pleaseadvice me.

With always thanks

With warmest regards

Sophia Chia

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Sophia,

Sophia Chia wrote:
Well, regarding the beam.As read from the forum but yet need your advice as there no optionthat I can place the study table. Beside placing the study tablebelow the beamthe other option is to place opposite the wall but then the study room door facing opposite the toilet door. Should I cover the beam and place the six coins or should I take the other option. Pleaseadvice me.

The best solutions for beams is actually to include a false ceiling during when you renovate the house, this will permanently hide the beam from view. In terms of feng shui, when you can no longer see the threat it does not harm you anymore.

Where a renovation to over the beam is not possible, then you can opt to place a flute similiar to these:-

http://www.geomancy.net/events/CDL_Talk_2/cdl_talk_2_slide_55.htm

http://www.geomancy.net/events/CDL_Talk_2/cdl_talk_2_slide_56.htm

http://www.geomancy.net/events/CDL_Talk_2/cdl_talk_2_slide_57.htm

Sophia Chia wrote:
Beside placing the study tablebelow the beamthe other option is to place opposite the wall but then the study room door facing opposite the toilet door.

So you mean that the table is currently place between the study room door and toilet door as a divider? Frankly, toilet in our homes aren't as bad or dirty as a public toilet. As long as you keep it close when not in use, it should be not a major issue. I don't really think it will be a major issue about this if you choose this way as well. As mentioned, for toilet as long as not in use keep it close.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

SmileDear Robert Lee

Thank you so much once again.

Pardon me, if I'm confused or not sure.

Robert Lee wrote:
Where a renovation to over the beam is not possible, then you can opt to place a flute similiar to these:-

Do you mean it is best solution to include the beam with a false ceiling. After cover the beam witha false ceilingI can opt not to place a bamboo flute or with two struts.

Robert Lee wrote:
So you mean that the table is currently place between the study room door and toilet door as a divider? Frankly, toilet in our homes aren't as bad or dirty as a public toilet. As long as you keep it close when not in use, it should be not a major issue. I don't really think it will be a major issue about this if you choose this way as well. As mentioned, for toilet as long as not in use keep it close.

No, presently the study table was place under the ceiling beam but if I were to shift the study table it has to be opposite of the other wall and the sitting against the wall which I mean the study room door facing directly to the toilet (asthe room is not attached with the toilet). Or other option after the ceiling beam have include a false ceiling I may still place the study table as study area.

Please advise me.

Thanks

With warmest regards

Sophia Chia

• Staff

Dear Sophia,

Robert Lee wrote:

Sophia Chia wrote:
Do you mean it is best solution to include the beam with a false ceiling. After cover the beam witha false ceilingI can opt not to place a bamboo flute or with two struts.

Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly here in my last post. You have two options to resolve this problem:-

1. If you have the false ceiling, it will already cover the threat.

2. If you do not have the false ceiling, then the flute or two struts will be the other option to resolve the beam problem.

Sophia Chia wrote:
No, presently the study table was place under the ceiling beam but if I were to shift the study table it has to be opposite of the other wall and the sitting against the wall which I mean the study room door facing directly to the toilet (asthe room is not attached with the toilet). Or other option after the ceiling beam have include a false ceiling I may still place the study table as study area.

Sorry, but I am still not quite gettinga visual layout from your description. It seems to me that the table does not directly relate to the issue about the study door and facing the toilet. So not sure what to advise you here as I can't really know what threat you are worried about here.

As mentioned the solution to the beam problem can be resolved above.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research