About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Auspicious/Inauspicious location for Altar table

myfs_100950

SmileDear Robert Lee

Have a question regarding the placement of the altar table. What is the concept location of the altar table? Is it more practical to place at the inauspiciouslocation (eg. Death, Irritation, Disaster or Spooky) orto place at the auspicious location (eg. Longevity, Health) or more on the location of the house facing. If it is place in the auspicious facing but than the sitting is inauspiciouswhichis the preference should I choose.

Thank you as always.

warmest regards

Sophia Chia

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Sophia,

Sophia Chia wrote:
Have a question regarding the placement of the altar table. What is the concept location of the altar table? Is it more practical to place at the inauspiciouslocation (eg. Death, Irritation, Disaster or Spooky) orto place at the auspicious location (eg. Longevity, Health) or more on the location of the house facing. If it is place in the auspicious facing but than the sitting is inauspiciouswhichis the preference should I choose.

Frankly, for altar placement, you do not follow any family member's eight house. There are some common rules or place to avoid:-

1. Should not let the altar face the main door as it is like employing the altar to be a security guard.

2. Altar should if possible avoid looking at the dining table, as the deity will get hungry when it sees you each food.

3. Altar should not be placed at a wall where the toilet is directly behind it.

4. Altar should not look into the bedroom.

So as long as you avoid the above, you should be ok.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Dear Richard,

Richard Soh wrote:
Hi, is it then ok for the dining table to be at the side of the altar table? thanks.

As long as it is not facing the dining table directly nor any of the point I listed in my previous posting, then it is no issue,

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research